When Big Mac throws the 9

Simon

A Big Mac attack  

83 members have voted

1. 1. When Mac Jones is chucking those balloons 35yrds down the field do you think he.....

• Makes a primal grunting noise to get that extra 5 yrds?
    • Has earned the title Elbow Macaroni?
    • Needs new batteries?
    • Thinks he's throwing to one of his white boys?
    • Looks like my wife trying to throw a tennis ball past my dog?

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

What about Tua’s last interception that got blown out of the air by a sneeze?

8 hours ago, Simon said:

I sort of like Tua and won't ***** with him

Tua really steps into his throws and looks like he is trying very hard to drive the ball. Have you noticed? I wonder how long he can keep that up. Compare it to guys like Josh and Rodgers who just flick their wrist and the ball launches effortlessly.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Tua really steps into his throws and looks like he is trying very hard to drive the ball. Have you noticed? I wonder how long he can keep that up. Compare it to guys like Josh and Rodgers who just flick their wrist and the ball launches effortlessly.

This reminds me of Fitzpatrick.

He always started the year great, but by the end of the year his body was so tired from throwing everything into every throw that he started throwing poorly (this is my layperson take anyway).

My guess is Tua is in that boat. If he manages to actually stay healthy for a full year, we might get to see if he has the juice to make those plays for an 18th game.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, MJS said:

Games like last night make you really appreciate Josh’s arm.   It’s incredibly noticeable seeing the guys who don’t have that kind of power 

2 hours ago, achrist33 said:

not a good joke.  just saying.  

If it was only a joke about his reputation for being a dipspit redneck, then I agree it would have been too much of a stretch and I would have left it laying by the side of the road. But when you combine it with the old trope that white receivers are slower than black receivers (i.e. you have to be careful not to overthrow them), it becomes a double envelopment attack and worth adding, imo.

The fact that it is next to last in voting suggests you might be right, although I'm not sure whether that's because we've become too oversensitive to cracking jokes about our respective races or whether it's actually just a ***** joke. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Simon said:

Yeah, because he's developed a rep for dropping n-bombs on the field and because crackers are slower than brothers.

It's a joke, get it? :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, Simon said:

If it was only a joke about his reputation for being a dipspit redneck, then I agree it would have been too much of a stretch and I would have left it laying by the side of the road. But when you combine it with the old trope that white receivers are slower than black receivers (i.e. you have to be careful not to overthrow them), it becomes a double envelopment attack and worth adding, imo.

The fact that it is next to last in voting suggests you might be right, although I'm not sure whether that's because we've become too oversensitive to cracking jokes about respective races or whether it's actually just a ***** joke. 🤷‍♂️

This is the best example of “during alcohol” and “after alcohol” I have ever seen on TBD.

• Haha (+1) 5

12 hours ago, Simon said:

The fact that it is next to last in voting suggests you might be right, although I'm not sure whether that's because we've become too oversensitive to cracking jokes about our respective races or whether it's actually just a ***** joke. 🤷‍♂️

Does New England have white receivers? I don’t think Jones had many white receivers at Alabama to pepper. I don’t understand the thoroughly explained joke. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.