Here are your Week 1 snap counts

Einstein

19 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He did absolutely fine as the #1 back last night. Cook was far from the problem.

Eyes of the beholder I suppose.  

Cook's runs:  

1/10:  +3   

2/7:  +2 

1/15:  +5

2/7:  +8   (1D)  

1/10:  -5

1/10:  +12   (1D)  

1/10:  -1  

2/4:  +13   (1D)  

2/1:  3    (1D)  

2/4:  +4    (1D)  

2/15:  +3  

Cook's Receptions:  

2/12:  +4  

3/6:  +4  

1/10:  +6  

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Eyes of the beholder I suppose.  

Cook's runs:  

2/7:  +2 

1/15:  +5

2/7:  +8   (1D)  

1/10:  -5

1/10:  +12   (1D)  

2/4:  +13   (1D)  

2/1:  3    (1D)  

2/4:  +4    (1D)  

2/15:  +3  

Cook's Receptions:  

2/12:  +4  

3/6:  +4  

1/10:  +6  

Yep 5 first downs in 12 carries including two short yardage tough runs. And the 5 yard loss was not on him. He never had a shot.

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep 5 first downs in 12 carries including two short yardage tough runs. And the 5 yard loss was not on him. He never had a shot.

Better than last season.

Game 1:  4 for 15, 2 catches for 18

Game 2:  4 for 6, 1 catch for 9

Last season the Jets' Rush D averaged 4.2 YPC and 121.6/game rushing.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree with that. The Bills have been a bad shotgun run team ever since Chan left the building. It is ironic. Chan's offense was at times 90% shotgun runs and screens and now the two things we can't do are shotgun runs and screens. 

Cook accounted for 5 first downs rushing on his 12 runs, and at least two of them were from 4 yards and in - short yardage up the middle runs. 

If you take out the one 5 yard loss (Quinnen Williams blew up McGovern and Cook never had a chance) which was, surprise surprise from shotgun. He was 11 for 51, 4.6 per carry and 5 first downs. The people saying "he isn't a #1 back" on the basis of Monday have nothing to support their thesis when you actually look at the plays.

Maybe Chan Gailey should be hired as a Senior Offensive Consultant and help our OC develop plays.  Miami leaked to press he was going to be let go but then evidently changed their mind and then Chan retired; he apparently was offended by whatever Mijami was doing.   A Senior Offensive Consultant could work remotely and not be required to travel to games.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He was in a bit of a rotation with Sherfield. They had some 2 WR sets with Diggs and Trent. I was actually surprised to see his snap count. My instinct was he missed more than 2 or 3 plays. 

I wouldn't put Shakir in though. I haven't seen anything to make me think he has earned it. Poor camp and pre-season.

The Bills don’t have much. 

Harty is 5’ 6” without real game changing speed. His Week 1 usage suggest an Isaiah McKenzie-esque role.

Sherfield has 833 career receiving yards.

So Shakir has made a few plays here early on that suggests he has some talent. 

Last year we all said this when we saw McKenzie struggling, with Jamison Crowder out for the year, and Shakir is good enough to make a highlight catch in the Dolphins Playoff game (and a drop on a bomb that would have scored), is he not trusted to do more than this? 

43 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Has he? I disagree.

Well he did have two 3rd down catches against the Ravens, he went up and snagged one against the Dolphins Playoff game, had a nice one in the middle against the Steelers and a TD on an underthrown ball. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well he did have two 3rd down catches against the Ravens, he went up and snagged one against the Dolphins Playoff game, had a nice one in the middle against the Steelers and a TD on an underthrown ball. 

Against the ratio of plays where he can't block, can't run routes and can't catch. He also definitively cannot play outside.

I liked the Shakir pick. I actually had a late 3rd on him coming out. He has done nothing to impress me since he has been here. People are talking him up because they haven't seen him. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Against the ratio of plays where he can't block, can't run routes and can't catch. He also definitively cannot play outside.

I liked the Shakir pick. I actually had a late 3rd on him coming out. He has done nothing to impress me since he has been here. People are talking him up because they haven't seen him. 

It has surprised me since he seems to be doing the right things even training with Eric Moulds.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

It has surprised me since he seems to be doing the right things even training with Eric Moulds.

I am not sure how that helps a guy like Shakir. Go train with Wes Welker or Julian Edelman or Cole Beasley. Not sure what a guy like Shakir can take from a guy like Moulds who had physical gifts way beyond what Khalil has. 

Could it be Adam Henry does not know how to turn him from a college WR to a NFL WR? Phil McGeoghan had that issue with comments from receivers.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not sure how that helps a guy like Shakir. Go train with Wes Welker or Julian Edelman or Cole Beasley. Not sure what a guy like Shakir can take from a guy like Moulds who had physical gifts way beyond what Khalil has. 

I have spoken with Moulds - he is not just a physical specimen but someone who knows the game and what you need to do to get better.

50 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not talking him up Gunner, but your #2 WR right now is useless. 

Freaking useless. 

You know what? Take Gabe completely off the field, don't put Shakir out there because he can't play, start Sherfield at 94% snaps like Gabe gets every week and see if he can do more than 2-32 every game. 

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

"He can't block" 

The old Lee Smith argument. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.