Where is the data to suggest that things will change?

Virgil

1 hour ago, Success said:

Oh, for sure on your 1st paragraph there - I didn't take it as a call out.  I always respect your posting here. This is just good discussion.

And I don't like relying on momentum either. But as good as this team is, it doesn't seem like it could turn into the kind of force that wouldn't need some intangibles to get the title.  I think in most years, the team that wins it all is also not just the hottest at that time, but kind of lucky too.  That is certainly true of last year's Chiefs, who both got hot, and also got some very favorable officiating in the AFCCG and SB.

Honestly, the one thing that concerns me about this team is not Allen's detours into Favre-land (and I think that's the most appropriate comparison for him as a QB - a gunslinger who you have to take the bad w/ at times).  I do worry that McDermott and Dorsey just aren't up to the task.  McD has done a wonderful job turning this team into a contender, but I don't have faith right now that he can get us to a title.  I hope I'm wrong. People used to look at Reid the same way, when he was in Philly - so that gives me some hope.

Finally, a realistic view about the Bills coaching staff. 

Actually, I'm shocked it came out of your mouth. It's pretty refreshing and I appreciate your candor. 

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

The d-line is going to be a force and by seasons end top 3 in the league. I think fans are in for a ride with the line like the 2014 group fingers crossed injury wise. Let Groot and Floyd eat and mix Von and the rest carefully in as they go.

2. I am not as upset with Dorsey as some. This game was on Josh forcing plays and not taking what was given. I liked the attempt at yac, the screens, and Knox/Kincaid together in the middle should eat yards as the season progress. Brown sucked, but the rest were fine and Torrence looks great to have. I am willing to give Dorsey some time, I just need him to get Josh to chill more. A RT trade would be lovely though at the deadline.

The Dline surrounded huge running plays. I bummed knee prevented Hall from taking it to the house. 

I suspect the Bills will have difficulty stopping the run again. 

28 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

highhorse.jpg

keep up with your crusade, I mean criticism. 🙄

I'm not on any crusade. I give criticism and praise as I see it. 

I was plenty optimistic and giving praise to the Bills in the live first half thread. I thought it was a fairly successful first half under the circumstances. Not  perfect but acceptable and a good. 

If I were in such a "crusade" I wouldn't have done such. It doesn't give me pleasure to criticize the Bills. I don't get any pleasure out of a Bills' loss, correct prediction, or a correct bet. 

My ultimate goal as a fan is to see a Lombardi Trophy hoisted by Bills players. To see a town turned upside down with euphoria. To celebrate as a Bills fans with other Bills fans. As a Bills football fan,  there will always be a void until that happens. 

Edited by newcam2012

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not on any crusade. I give criticism and praise as I see it. 

I was plenty optimistic and giving praise to the Bills in the live first half thread. I thought it was a fairly successful first half under the circumstances. Not  perfect but acceptable and a good. 

If I were in such a "crusade" I wouldn't have done such. It doesn't give me pleasure to criticize the Bills. I don't get any pleasure out of a Bills' loss, correct prediction, or a correct bet

My ultimate goal as a fan is to see a Lombardi Trophy hoisted by Bills players. To see a town turned upside down with euphoria. To celebrate as a Bills fans with other Bills fans. As a Bills football fan,  there will always be a void until that happens. 

rake in some cashola did you. praise so much while still hoping you cash in on that bet.

carry on.

37 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

rake in some cashola did you. praise so much while still hoping you cash in on that bet.

carry on.

Incorrect assumption. I was cheering for the Bills the whole time without exception. 

The bet wasn't even an afterthought. I would gladly have taken $100 loss for a Bills win. 

I bet with my head not my heart. All good bettors know this. 

44 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Team is soft. 

The team has had long term issues in the trenches. 

The team lacks explosive game changers on offense. 

The team gets out coached on a consistent basis. 

The team only goes as far as Allen takes them. Nothing was more clear than that last night. 

Side note: If the offense continues to under perform will McD look to fire Dorsey? 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.