Awesome hype video. Go Bills

JerseyBills

If there was ever a black clover over this team it was last year.

People say in the playoffs we looked flat and did not show up for the Bengals game.  Well the men on the hurt were fiscally beat down and had no more to give.

Sometimes you have to fall down alot before you can be picked up.

If ever there was a year to show out maybe this is the year

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

People say in the playoffs we looked flat and did not show up for the Bengals game.  Well the men on the hurt were fiscally beat down and had no more to give.

Just seeing those clips of that game trips me out. They looked nothing like the team i saw previous 17 games. Even years prior. It was such an odd game, I haven't felt that hopeless by Qtr 3 in since the Title game in 2020. It was certainly an off night. idk if Damar being there got to them but ya last year was just adversity after adversity 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Agree 1

Last year felt like they were trying to run it back with the 2021 squad with just a few tweaks. Who knows how it would have panned out had all of the adversity not occurred and they were a little bit more healthy in the playoffs. I wonder if they got a little complacent last year during the offseason as well. They were right there and probably felt if they kept business as usual, they could get back to where they were with some tweaks. 

This year feels different. The doubters are out in full force and there's a massive chip on their shoulder. Josh, Diggs, McD, Dawkins, Poyer (On one of the embedded McD comments on much stronger his legs look), and I'm sure a lot more all seem to have a new level of focus. This isn't running back last year's squad, this feels like almost a new team. The offense is going to be different with a HR hitter as RB1, 12 personnel with a true slot option, not to mention (please baby Jesus) a better O-line, better WR depth, and year two of Dorsey.

The defense should look different without Fraizer and Edmunds. There will be some growing pains with the MLB position, but I'm excited to see what it looks like. Edmunds best attribute was sitting back and reading and reacting. I think a lot of what they did was based off of this. At times we're definitely going to miss it because he was damn good at a bunch of things, but hopefully we see some more aggressive play from the MLB position and more creativity on blitzes and coverages.

Suffice to say, I'm super mother f^<#!ng pumped for this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/7/2023 at 6:36 PM, JerseyBills said:

Just seeing those clips of that game trips me out. They looked nothing like the team i saw previous 17 games. Even years prior. It was such an odd game, I haven't felt that hopeless by Qtr 3 in since the Title game in 2020. It was certainly an off night. idk if Damar being there got to them but ya last year was just adversity after adversity 

I also believe the bengals played the game to their strengths.  They ran the ball, threw the ball quick and harassed Allen.  

On 9/7/2023 at 5:42 AM, scuba guy said:

I’m not sure any of these guys are struggling fiscally. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.