Predictions on AFCE champs on Yahoo Sports

Inigo Montoya

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

It was the pats division for years until someone could take it from them. I feel the same for Buffalo now. I don’t fully see how you pick against them until someone actually proves they can dethrone them. 
Just because you add a former MVP quarterback does not mean you’re a lock for success year one or that they’ll continue playing at an mvp level. Ask Russ last season. 

And how did Russ do with Hackett as head coach? Now he's Aaron's offensive coordinator. But I don't believe for a minute he's gonna call the plays. Rodgers won't listen to that clown.  

26 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I can't stand how much Sauce gets away with flagrant holding etc. Why doesn't he get called for it?

Because he plays in NYC. Sorry, he plays in NJ just outside NYC. 

18 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Wilson:   Jets.    I wasn't sure Aaron Rodgers would be a good fit in New York, but he appears as happy as ever, his teammates speaking

glowingly of his leadership, and he's still one of the best QBs on the planet. And the Jets also have that dominant defense.

How, exactly, is Rodgers "a good fit in New York"?   Aside from doing celebrity things around town to dazzle the media, Rodgers has done nothing to fit in with the Jests.   The team has done more back flips to accommodate Rodgers than a gymnast prepping for the Olympics, including hiring his favorite former OC as their new OC and adding several Rodgers' pals to the roster.   The NY media and Jests fans are smitten with visions of Lombardis dancing in their heads because Rodgers deigned to appear in a preseason game for the first time in five years and looked "good" against the Giants' 2nd stringers.

We'll see just how good a "fit" for New York Rodgers really is when reality shows up beginning September 11.

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Just because you add a former MVP quarterback does not mean you’re a lock for success year one or that they’ll continue playing at an mvp level. Ask Russ last season.

Rodgers and the Jets seems much more like Russ and the Broncos than Stafford and the Rams or Brady and the Bucs.   Both the Rams and the Bucs were solid offensive teams with good OLs when they added their new QBs.   Even Brady didn't receive the royal treatment afforded to Wilson and Rodgers by their new teams and the local media when he arrived in town.

Edited by SoTier

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'd switch the Jets and Fish.  Similar quality of rosters but the coaching edge is with the Fish imo.  I'd take McDaniels/Fangio over Saleh/Hackett.  Also, MetLife stadium doesn't allow for one side to be 40 degrees hotter than the other side.  

Saleh is solid, but, as we know in Buffalo, Hackett is a hack.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.