The Bills will have the highest scoring NFL offense in '23

Inigo Montoya

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

That is a high total and an average of 33.5 points per game.  Just don’t see it. 

Put that in perspective though. 

In 2020 we averaged 31.3 PPG with Cody Ford and Brian Winters at the two OG spots;  

Brown and Beasley as the #2/3 WRs.  

And Tyler Kroft and Lee Smith as our starting TEs for nearly half the season while Knox was injured.  

Change your mind?  

I'm seeing it easily.  I'm seeing the best receiving core this franchise has ever had.  Even better than Reed, Lofton, McKeller.   Allen, our best QB ever.  I'd rather have Thurman than any of our RBs, or Jackson, but the league has also changed since then more heavily favoring the passing game, so overall we're more suited to today's game.  

JM2C  

27 minutes ago, Airseven said:

I'm not sure about defenses having to make tough choices against the Bills. You send pressure and roll coverage toward Diggs. 

If Allen decides to dump off to the short high-percentage outlet guys when Ds bring the heat, we'll be unstoppable.  

5 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Put that in perspective though. 

In 2020 we averaged 31.3 PPG with Cody Ford and Brian Winters at the two OG spots;  

Brown and Beasley as the #2/3 WRs.  

And Tyler Kroft and Lee Smith as our starting TEs for nearly half the season while Knox was injured.  

Change your mind?  

I'm seeing it easily.  I'm seeing the best receiving core this franchise has ever had.  Even better than Reed, Lofton, McKeller.   Allen, our best QB ever.  I'd rather have Thurman than any of our RBs, or Jackson, but the league has also changed since then more heavily favoring the passing game, so overall we're more suited to today's game.  

JM2C  

If Allen decides to dump off to the short high-percentage outlet guys when Ds bring the heat, we'll be unstoppable.  

You weren't asking me, but no.

One team in the last five years scored 32 or over. One. Mahomes' Chiefs in his breakout year of 2018.

And they didn't play half their games in the city of Buffalo.

Nor did they do that in a 17 game season, which it is my guess will turn out to have depressed points per game (it already has, but two seasons aren't probably statistically significant) from fatigue and extra injuries.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.