Bills practice Thurs 8/17 starting with McD interview

Beck Water

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not sure they do. I think they thought they did. I don't think they are sure at this point.

McD is using some motivational stuff right now with his statement.  Time will tell.  Maybe they move Williams over more quickly than they expected.  I really think we’re going to be playing a lot of 1LB/6DB.  I think Rapp is going to be on the field more than whomever plays MLB.  

Just now, oldmanfan said:

McD is using some motivational stuff right now with his statement.  Time will tell.  Maybe they move Williams over more quickly than they expected.  I really think we’re going to be playing a lot of 1LB/6DB.  I think Rapp is going to be on the field more than whomever plays MLB.  

Again you hope that is the case. That isn't how I interpret it at all. I sense genuine concern in him. 

On 8/17/2023 at 2:58 PM, Ya Digg? said:

Again, you keep making your argument using hindsight. Think back to the beginning of last season/all of the off-season stuff before the season started. In your head last April-August your thought was I really wish we had drafted a LB to sit the bench all year and I would much rather have a 3rd round CB (that you still haven’t named btw) fighting for a spot on the team. Also, Rhodes was brought in because the secondary was decimated with injuries, not because Elam was playing poorly (which he really wasn’t). 

we can certainly agree to disagree

You still on the Dodson/Elam train??

You might want to get off before that train crashes.

5 hours ago, Special K said:

You still on the Dodson/Elam train??

You might want to get off before that train crashes.

It’s too bad you can’t make bets after things had already happened. You would be so rich and It would allow you to pretend to be the smartest person in the room! 

to actually answer your question-didn’t watch the game, have no idea how either played. I gather from comments that the O line didn’t play well and there were a lot of penalties 

Edited by Ya Digg?

5 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

It’s too bad you can’t make bets after things had already happened. You would be so rich and It would allow you to pretend to be the smartest person in the room! 

to actually answer your question-didn’t watch the game, have no idea how either played. I gather from comments that the O line didn’t play well and there were a lot of penalties 

Ahhhh, now I see what your deal is...you think I am trying to look like the smartest person in the room, when in fact it is you that is trying to look like the smartest person in the room by "correcting" my opinion.

Let me assure you, I do not in any way think I am smarter than Beane.....in fact, I agree with about 95% of what he has done. This just happens to be one of the 5%.

I was all for taking a CB in the first round of that draft, Trent McDuffie to be specific, but once the top talent CB's were off the board, I think Beane should have switched focus off of CB and towards a player like Devin Lloyd or even Breece Hall.

Instead, I believe he panicked a little and ended up reaching for a CB that does not fit the defensive system the Bills run.

Maybe Beane was under the impression that Edmunds would re-sign with the Bills, and therefore didn't want to use a 1st round pick on a MLB at that point....only he would know that, but if he felt Edmunds was leaving after the season....having a solid prospect to take over for Edmunds at MLB was way more important than taking a player who was not a scheme fit to fill the CB2 role.

If you can't see that, fine.....but don't crap on me just because you don't agree with my opinion.

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.