Discuss

21 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Very nice.  I try not to do too much research into opinions/lives of artists/actors etc.  More often than not, they end up sounding disconnected from the real life most people live, be it because they have more money than they can ever spend, or they have an inflated value of the net worth of their opinion, or they are strange generally.

On this particular article, maybe it paints his position in a different light for me.  I'd assume if was terrified of COVID and was completely closed-minded to Joe Rogan's perspective, perhaps part of his animus was due to the health conditions of his children.    

I still don't understand what the pixilation issue had to do with the COVID crisis, but good for him for trying to improve the lives of his children. 

There's no actual pixelation in audio.  He means compressed files, I think.  He's poking a finger in Spotify's belly and pointing out an inferior product.  I would agree with him that Joe Rogan"s perspective pushed disinformation that had little or no basis.  I'll stick with Amazon.  Great quality audio in its premium form.  Algorithms aren't as good as spotify tho.

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

There's no actual pixelation in audio.  He means compressed files, I think.  He's poking a finger in Spotify's belly and pointing out an inferior product.  I would agree with him that Joe Rogan"s perspective pushed disinformation that had little or no basis.  I'll stick with Amazon.  Great quality audio in its premium form.  Algorithms aren't as good as spotify tho.

He used that term, not me.  The point is he took a stand about misinformation, he claimed, but then seemed to indicate he might have stayed in spite of the misinformation if they had the superior platform.  He may have been trying to finger Spotify as you say, but he sounded sorta confused on what he was protesting.  

Maybe he was really, really upset about the misinformation but could live with it if his music sounded tight and Neil got paid. 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  I’ve never said this song isn’t reprehensible.  The issue, however, is the Aldean song.  Enough MAGA whataboutisms.  

First, I'm an independent and don't agree with MAGA and all that bull####.  You are being played by the Democrats.   You voted for Biden and got who the F knows as POTUS.  You should be outraged.   Aldean song is you being used by Democrats and you can't even see it.  Divide and conquer.  Same old tired move.  What a mess.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Irv said:

First, I'm an independent and don't agree with MAGA and all that bull####.  You are being played by the Democrats.   You voted for Biden and got who the F knows as POTUS.  You should be outraged.   Aldean song is you being used by Democrats and you can't even see it.  Divide and conquer.  Same old tired move.  What a mess.   

Irv, what it comes down to, is that they are too scared to criticize that awful rap music because they are afraid. Afraid of upsetting another demographic, and being labeled racist, but the white guy, the country singer, he's safe to go after, he's comfortable. 

That rap music is 1000x's worse than this and we all know it, and no one says a word. Because there scared, intimidated. 

But the minute a white guy says something perceived as socially questionable, omg the lynch mobs are out. 

That's why they're chickens because they have a double standard, and let certain groups get away with certain things out of fear. 

Chickens 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/20/2023 at 9:40 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

I have no problem with the video. It is a kind of red America virtue signaling, but there's plenty of blue America virtue signaling to counteract it.

What I have a problem with is the underlying assumption - popular in some circles - that small towns are somehow bastions of community and civic virtue. Have these people actually spent time in America's small towns lately? I see that Jason Aldean grew up in Macon, Georgia (a small city, not a "small town") and that he lives in ... Nashville. Small town America: a great place to visit in country songs, but you wouldn't want to live there ...

https://www.usda.gov/topics/opioids

In five states, California, Connecticut, North Carolina, Vermont, and Virginia, the rate of drug-overdose deaths in rural counties were higher than those in urban counties.

https://news.ohsu.edu/2022/08/15/meth-use-drives-overdose-epidemic-in-rural-u-s-communities

https://www.ruralhealthinfo.org/topics/substance-use#:~:text=Rural adolescents and young adults,influence%2C than their urban counterparts.

Though often perceived to be a problem of the inner city, substance use and misuse have long been prevalent in rural areas. Rural adults have higher rates of use for tobacco and methamphetamines, while opioid use has grown in towns of every size. Rural adolescents and young adults use alcohol at higher rates and are more likely to engage in high-risk behaviors, like binge drinking or driving under the influence, than their urban counterparts.

And rapes, robberies and murders are a hell of a lot more prevalent in urban America.

16 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

He used that term, not me.  The point is he took a stand about misinformation, he claimed, but then seemed to indicate he might have stayed in spite of the misinformation if they had the superior platform.  He may have been trying to finger Spotify as you say, but he sounded sorta confused on what he was protesting.  

Maybe he was really, really upset about the misinformation but could live with it if his music sounded tight and Neil got paid. 

Methinks you are projecting your values on Neil...

11 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

you must be older than dirt...sorta like "those long haired, hippie Bohemians..."

I'm just trying to put it into terms that you kids today can understand.

Now get off my lawn 

• Haha (+1) 1