Senator Tuberville Holding Up Military Appointments

15 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Not too hard to do.

If foreign policy decisions are based on American lives lost, which you suggested, open Pandora's box.

Are you actually saying there is no consideration given to how many casualties it will take to accomplish a mission? 

Off the top of my head, how about Truman's decision to drop the bomb? The estimates of our casualties--which might have included my awesome dad--was the key factor cited in not invading and dropping a-bomb instead. 

Of course lives lost are a major consideration. Was Afgahistan worth American lives? I don't think so. Good job on Joe pulling us out of that mess 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Are you actually saying there is no consideration given to how many casualties it will take to accomplish a mission? 

Off the top of my head, how about Truman's decision to drop the bomb? The estimates of our casualties--which might have included my awesome dad--was the key factor cited in not invading and dropping a-bomb instead. 

Of course lives lost are a major consideration. Was Afgahistan worth American lives? I don't think so. Good job on Joe pulling us out of that mess 

You are not sharp enough to discern this, but since you aren't, I will point this out.

I specifically mentioned Europe, not Japan.

We were attacked by Japan, so Truman and the bombs are not part of my point.

We were not attacked by Germany.

We have no idea what the escape from Afghanistan will ultimately cost, but was a disgraceful foreign policy debacle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

You are not sharp enough to discern this, but since you aren't, I will point this out.

I specifically mentioned Europe, not Japan.

We were attacked by Japan, so Truman and the bombs are not part of my point.

We were not attacked by Germany.

We have no idea what the escape from Afghanistan will ultimately cost, but was a disgraceful foreign policy debacle.

You were speaking generally not specifically. Of course loss of life is a consideration in foreign policy considerations 

And you have no idea what the pull out will cost, If anything 

Biden did a good thing pulling us out of there 

And Afghanistan is closer to Japan than Europe :thumbsup:

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You were speaking generally not specifically. Of course loss of life is a consideration in foreign policy considerations 

And you have no idea what the pull out will cost, If anything 

Biden did a good thing pulling us out of there 

And Afghanistan is closer to Japan than Europe :thumbsup:

The withdrawal was a disgrace, and it's got Biden's signature on it.

Whatever point you are trying to make noting the proximity of Afghanistan to Japan and Europe is baffling.

• Like (+1) 2