An 8-year-old Bills fan with a heart defect needs our help

JohnNord

Sent them some money last night and immediately started getting blown up by spammers asking for money.  It’s amazing how scammers never miss a trick.  (Not these people but those who stalk donor lists.)

• Like (+1) 1

I also had been following Eddie and Nick on Twitter. Eddie was so inspiring. As a father of two boys myself, I was heartbroken when I saw Nick’s tweet announcing that Eddie had passed away. This really has effected me. Eddie was a very special little boy who had a huge impact on so many people in such a short life. 

I would love for the Bills to play one of the videos of Eddie yelling “GO BILLS” during or before a game. It would really pump up the crowd and be a nice tribute to an amazing young boy. 

May Eddie’s memory be eternal. 

For those of you who follow the EPL, Eddie effected me in much the same way Bradley Lowery did. 

Bradley Lowery

Edited by Peter
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I am ABSOLUTELY stunned.

On the 9th of July in 2007, I had a son who was born with the exact same condition and prognosis.  So unfortunately,  the little guy passed away on us in 2008.  Fast forward to a few minutes ago, I was wondering and struggling with how I can best approach the 9th of July (His Birthday - this coming Sunday) as I do every year; he would have been age 16.  
I then settle down for the evening and read what has transpired with Eddie, (The first I have heard of this entire matter).  The irony for me is incredible right now.  
May these children (My son Rolf, Eddie, and so many others like them) have the peace they deserve in the after life.  
For those of you who are parents, with healthy children, when you’re struggling with anything else (Finances, relationships, work, etc.- or a Bills loss, LOL) remember to cherish your children’s health and well being, it’s truly a gift a parent may not realize  - until you don’t have it anymore.  
Sending lots of love to those families who are struggling with similar circumstances.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 7/7/2023 at 8:22 PM, Billl said:

Sent them some money last night and immediately started getting blown up by spammers asking for money.  It’s amazing how scammers never miss a trick.  (Not these people but those who stalk donor lists.)

first off, good on you for donating to this family who definitely needs it. Second off, and I hate to deflect from the real story of this little guy losing his life way too early, but some of that stuff you’re experiencing is by design, not accident. And while many of those who helped raise money for this family deserve credit, keep your collective eyes out for the ones doing it to improve their profile/visibility. I have an example, an easy one since the OP linked it as well (from one of the usual sources):

Count how many times this person uses the word “I” in her statement about this unfortunate boy who lost his life to illness. Go ahead. It’s a lot. Don’t support these pseudoinfluencers. Don’t support “Bills Mafia” as a brand (not a fanbase) at all if you can.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.