Jim Kelly getting into politics?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erie County is so bad right now, that the only way to make any changes is to get rid of whoever is in there and vote for someone different. At this point, if I still lived there, I'd vote for a bum off the streets.

[url=http://www.iknowrochester.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=39FD2DFF-I know he was a good leader for the Bills.  Would you vote for him?

t-r

349132[/snapback]

i wouldn't vote for him until i heard him talk about politics, his views, his ideas, etc

if i liked what i heard i would compare it against what his opponents have to say

if jimbo's argument was strong, and i felt he could accomplish what he set out to, then yes i'd consider voting for him

if you're asking whether i'd vote for him solely because he was QB of the Buffalo Bills, then no i wouldn't vote for him.

if he wants to run on name recognition alone, maybe he should run in Caly-for-nee-a

That's funny you mentioned that. He was at the George W. Bush speech in Rochester and my dad kept mentioning that he thinks he'll get into politics.

348475[/snapback]

Which one, Jimbo, or George W?

:D

Jim Kelly as a politician?

C'mon... the guy could sure through a spiral, but... geez!

When will you people in Western NY learn???

349218[/snapback]

Like he could possibly be worse than those elected over the last 30 years? It rarely takes a deep thinker to do the right thing - it simply requires constitution and conviction.

It rarely takes a deep thinker to do the right thing - it simply requires constitution and conviction.

speaking of conviction, Jimbo would have had his own convinction or two if the Orchard Park Police weren't so nice to him.....

There's a two-word precedent here.

Jack Kemp.

I don't know what you who live in WNY think of Mr. Kemp and his politics, but I've always liked him. I even got to shake his hand when he spoke at Cleveland State University in 1993.

That was one of the greatest days of my life...meeting Mr. Kemp and starting a new relationship with a blonde who was a stunner.

No, she didn't become my wife. I didn't meet my wife, the lovely and talented Kimberly, for another four years.

Mike

Hillary, Jim, Hillary, Jim...hmmm, lets see. I'll take Jimbo. As far as I have heard he and his wife are still deeply committed to one another, unless there is a very recent development. What does speculation about his mariage have to do with possible political involvement.

Bill Clinton was president for 8 years and you are concerned about skeletons in Jim's closet?

speaking of conviction, Jimbo would have had his own convinction or two if the Orchard Park Police weren't so nice to him.....

349232[/snapback]

There aren't many of us who wouldn't be in the same boat given his circumstances. Young, rich, worshipped...

But I'll live in ideology land with you. It's nice here.

I dunno, I love Kelly as a Buffalo Bill, but he has never struck me as a real deep thinker.

349183[/snapback]

not a deep thinker? now that's the understatement of the day. look: i love jimbo, but he's always been a thoroughbred lunkhead, beginning with his days at the U through his cammie photos through throwing drinks in whatever woman's face through doing funnels a few days before the super bowl through making dumbass comments on tv about jim harbaugh not being able to tough out broken limbs. to reiterate, i love the guy. however, the guy is about as qualified to run for public office as my 5-year old son. and i'm not one to buy into the "he was a leader on the football field, so ..." argument. jack kemp was too, and in my opinion he was horrible: the guy wanted to put us back on the gold standard, for chrissakes.

if some woebegotten district were to elect this guy, they'll get what they deserve: personality-driven politics lacking any sense of the complexity of economics and politics in 21st century America.

Like he could possibly be worse than those elected over the last 30 years?  It rarely takes a deep thinker to do the right thing - it simply requires constitution and conviction.

349222[/snapback]

Have our standards fallen so low that we now consider candidates who "can't be any worse" than the ones we've got, rather than individuals who are considerably more qualified??