Sullivan reports ATL to cut Price

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If Price called the Bills and told them he'd play for the vet minimum with a miniscule signing bonus, I think they'd tell him thanks but no thanks. Over the course of his career I've yet to see any indication that Tom Donahoe is the least bit interested in ballplayers who are utterly devoid of any physical or mental toughness; the Price's and KeionCarpenter's of the world simply don't seem to interest him.

I really don't think he'd want a gutless player like Peerless on the roster at any price.

If Price called the Bills and told them he'd play for the vet minimum with a miniscule signing bonus, I think they'd tell him thanks but no thanks. Over the course of his career I've yet to see any indication that Tom Donahoe is the least bit interested in ballplayers who are utterly devoid of any physical or mental toughness; the Price's and KeionCarpenter's of the world simply don't seem to interest him.

I really don't think he'd want a gutless player like Peerless on the roster at any price.

347969[/snapback]

I agree Simon. Although I think that PP does have some obvious ability, I picture him pouting and sulking in a role as the #3 wideout on a ball control team.

The truth is that it's a shame, because PP was able to get open and make some tough catches.

LMFAO!    :blink:

We don't need him here.  What a fool to think he could actually wear Mould's jock elsewhere.    :doh:

In other news, he might end up in Carolina.  Delhomme is an underrated QB, IMO.  He could also help out Cincinnatti too.

347920[/snapback]

j, I don't think CIN would be interested, with C. Johnson, P. Warrick, TJ Houshmanzedeh, K. Washington, and '05 draftees C. Henry and T. Perry on the squad.

The truth is that it's a shame, because PP was able to get open and make some tough catches.

You're right it is a shame because the guy has a world of talent. As for the tough catches I must not have been watching that week. The only tough catch I've seen him make in 6 years was a sideline grab, but he was wearing black at the time. Otoh I've seen him bail on routes dozens of times, several of which led to INT's.

Cya

You're right it is a shame because the guy has a world of talent. As for the tough catches I must not have been watching that week. The only tough catch I've seen him make in 6 years was a sideline grab, but he was wearing black at the time. Otoh I've seen him bail on routes dozens of times, several of which led to INT's.

Cya

347991[/snapback]

Perhaps I should have used the word acrobatic. :doh:

Who's more overrated, Price or Vick???  You need a QB to throw you the ball once and awhile...

347901[/snapback]

Vick. MUCH more is expected. I know the contract Peerless signed says he should be an "elite" player, but I didn't think he was worth that money. Having said that, I didn't think Price would be THIS bad.

Wins what??? In the regular season maybe

348018[/snapback]

The Falcons made it to the the NFC championship game last season, so he wins in the playoffs too.

With Vick, the Falcons are a playoff team. Without him, they're a 5-11 team. Name one other starter on Atlanta's offense that could start for the Bills.

Vick's been stupid off the field, on on the field there's no way he's overrated.

Anyone who thinks TD is a doofus should remember how he fleeced the Falcons for a #1 pick for Price.  No wonder no one wants to play poker with this guy.

PTR

348045[/snapback]

i'd rather remember all the doofuses on this board who thought it was a bad idea to tag price in the first place and were ready to watch him walk away for nothing........

Rushing | Receiving |

+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

| Year TM | G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |

| 1999 buf | 16 | 1 -7 -7.0 0 | 31 393 12.7 3 |

| 2000 buf | 16 | 2 32 16.0 0 | 52 762 14.7 3 |

| 2001 buf | 16 | 6 97 16.2 0 | 55 895 16.3 7 |

| 2002 buf | 16 | 3 -13 -4.3 0 | 94 1252 13.3 9 |

| 2003 atl | 16 | 2 3 1.5 0 | 64 838 13.1 3 |

| 2004 atl | 16 | 3 34 11.3 0 | 45 575 12.8 3 |

| TOTAL | 96 | 17 146 8.6 0 | 341 4715 13.8 28 |

Here's PP's career #s. Nice decline there sparky.

The Falcons made it to the the NFC championship game last season, so he wins in the playoffs too.

With Vick, the Falcons are a playoff team.  Without him, they're a 5-11 team.  Name one other starter on Atlanta's offense that could start for the Bills.

Vick's been stupid off the field, on on the field there's no way he's overrated.

348047[/snapback]

Crumpler and before game 5 last year, Dunn would have.

347969[/snapback]

Thank you.

From the little bit I've seen of Vick, he seems to take less risk when he decides to throw the ball than Bledsoe. Perhaps Price flourished with the Bills not only because he was 2nd, but also because he may be more of a "throw it out there and let me catch it" type receiver (which DB did frequently). If that's the case, maybe he'd get back on track with Favre in Green Bay or Ben R. in Pittsburgh. Not sure how J.P. is going to be -- if he's going to be a gunslinger, then I'd take PP back at the right price. Braylon Edwards is going to make a lot of money being essentially the same type of receiver but just a little bigger. PP could offer great value in the right system. Besides, wouldn't it be interesting to see McGahee and Price lining up together?