Is it possible to drink a lot and

I lost 35 pounds a year ago and have kept it off by avoiding beer. I used to bike about 45 miles a week to stay in shape, now I just watch what I eat and have successfully maintained my weight while avoiding exercise.

Man do I miss a few cold brews in the summertime but I hate all the flab it puts on my gut.

All you guys out there who drink alot - are you just flabby and don't care, or do you work out a lot?

Happy Memorial Day as I raise a cold bottle of water!

If you have been maintaining your weight loss without exercising (a pretty good trick!), it seems to me that you could add a few beers to your diet, but just add in enough exercise to make up for the beer's carbs/calories...

Bend that elbow, one and two...

feel the beer!

I drink enough for the two of us, but go the gym 5 days a week, alternating between cardio & weight training, and have no problem maintaining my weight.

You have to want the beer, man. You just have to want it. :doh:

347766[/snapback]

i'm like LA. I go to the gym every morning before work. I drink as much or more than I ever did. At my 1st physical in 10 years just two months ago, the doc said I'm one of the healthiest 38 year old's he's ever seen. No one believes me when I tell them my age. I could pass for 28 easily.

Even a few years ago, I did Adkins and lost 20 pounds in 2 months. I broke the rules and still drank beer. Not as much as I usually do, but I didn't give it up.

Beer is good for you. If you love it, you'll find a way to keep it in your life.

48 years old here. Do rigorous cardio 6 days a week, mild to moderate weight lifting 4-5 times a week. Drink heavily at least once a week and moderately twice more. Eat pretty healthy most of the time. Weigh what I did in high school. Don't know how you maintain your weight without working out, but you got to find a way to work it back into your routine.

I lost 35 pounds a year ago and have kept it off by avoiding beer.  I used to bike about 45 miles a week to stay in shape, now I just watch what I eat and have successfully maintained my weight while avoiding exercise.

Man do I miss a few cold brews in the summertime but I hate all the flab it puts on my gut.

All you guys out there who drink alot - are you just flabby and don't care, or do you work out a lot?

347756[/snapback]

A lot of it depends on how active you are, too. What do you do for a living? If you're shoveling snow and chopping wood, toss 'em back. If you're like me, I run 3 -4 miles a day, every day, and I'm okay to put back a few brews as long as I don't chase 'em down with chocolate cake and chicken wings.

You really need to have the activity in your life, though. The exercise is great for you even if you're already at a good weight.

-Jeff

I drink enough for the two of us, but go the gym 5 days a week, alternating between cardio & weight training, and have no problem maintaining my weight.

You have to want the beer, man. You just have to want it. :doh:

347766[/snapback]

I want the beer, cognac, chicks, nachos, pizza, chicks, steaks, beer, chicks, tacos, chicks.......thats why I go to the gym

I want the beer, cognac, chicks, nachos, pizza, chicks, steaks, beer, chicks, tacos, chicks.......thats why I go to the gym

347918[/snapback]

About five years ago, at the age of 38, I committed to showing up to my 40-year top-to-bottom physical in as good a shape as possible, and hired a personal trainer because I had no idea what I was doing at the gym. He asked me "What do you want to accomplish?" and I just told him, honestly, I wanted to get from 175 back to 165, build a bit of muscle, but still drink beer all the time and eat what I want.

Ultimately I began to shy away from Burger Kings/McDonalds because even though I truly dig a bacon-double-cheeseburger or Quarter Pounder with cheese, they were easier to part with than beer. On the other hand, my first wife was easier to part with than beer, so who knows...

I lost 35 pounds a year ago and have kept it off by avoiding beer.  I used to bike about 45 miles a week to stay in shape, now I just watch what I eat and have successfully maintained my weight while avoiding exercise.

347756[/snapback]

This board always amazes me. So far, everybody drinks like fish, eats whatever they want, and still look like they are college!!!! :doh:

Now, as for me, I drink too much beer, eat to much crap, and show the effects. However, in my defense, I put on 40lbs the first year out of college( no two a days for the first time in eight years) and heve pretty much maitained it for the last twenty years.

However, I am starting to feel the effects, and plan my rejoining of the active crowd every night over a six pack.

This board always amazes me. So far, everybody drinks like fish, eats whatever they want, and still look like they are college!!!! :doh:

348089[/snapback]

and think most famous women are ugly and most here date or are married to Supermodels

348089[/snapback]

Start working out and you'll be able to make the same claim. (By the way...I never said I look like I'm still in college. For that to happen I'd have to be wearing light blue corduroy bell-bottom slacks, have a beer in one hand, a joint in the other, and a backgammon board tucked under my arm while I'm explaining to my history professor that I couldn't finish the assignment because my dog had a triple mastectomy.