How much has your life changed since you first logged in?

boyst

26 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I first joined in the early 2000s. I posted updates about Kevin Everett's injury. 

Didn't post for the longest time. Then a bolt of lightning hit me, and I saw the angelic image of @Gugnytelling me I needed to post and drink. So I did both, and I haven't been happier! 

image.thumb.jpeg.2183c6b8977d0e62f9aba2d8ab6314e3.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So it's fair to say gugny has touched all of our lives?

You all think this without even knowing how to pronounce it. It's gug-n-why. Like. Gug, NY.  Not goooogkneeeeeee. 

Don't ask me why we have to say it this way but he cleared this up at many of the games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think I originally joined in 1999 when I was still an undergrad at UB. I've since graduated, started grad school, dropped out of grad school, found a job, lost a job and now in my current position for 18 plus years. On the personal side, I got married and bought a house. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2023 at 8:55 PM, boyst said:

Not only that, what do you first remember about the posters that will choose to post here.

I remember some heartbreak stories of lost love here, a few rekindled and I know 1 has a family through all of that amazing journey.

Some have been here a long time, 20+ years now.

What's new?

Me: married, soon to be 8 month old daughter, went a few places never expected and some roads I never knew about but only once have left the US, took over the family farm in '04 never expecting to do so when I joined here, lost my dad 3 years ago at 69, and buried a few too many friends.

Edit and in case you don't remember me.... I used to post as jboyst62. I just got rid of the j because 🤷🏼‍♂️, and 62 because I'm not playing high school football anymore. 

Going back to about 1994, in the the days when usenet newsgroups were the easiest form of internet group chat, we had a group that met to talk Buffalo Bills. We were always getting chastised for being off topic, as we discussed other things outside the "Bills Window". I met SDS there, as well as a few others who are still hanging around here. Two Bills Drive was a work in process and we were there from day one. I will point out that I mostly did "testing and suggesting" the site before release looking for bugs and improvements. I its infancy, I remember writing a few articles for TBD and I also wrote an "on this day in Bills history" calendar for 365 days. It is hard to believe that there was a time when Scott needed material to fill the page!

I joined this group as soon as it started.

Since then:

I was diagnosed with MS (in remission now but still a nuisance).

Four children graduated high school.

Two have Master's Degrees, one is a bank manager, and one is a stay at home mother of four. 

All are married (one got divorced).

I am still married to Yvonne / Mrs. Rockpile (41 years)

I retired on disability at 62. 

I have eleven grandchildren, ages two to twenty-seven.

The oldest is getting married this fall.

Her brother is already married, he was deployed to Germany with the National Guard. He is a policeman, his wife is a deputy sheriff and also in the Guard. 

I just turned 70 and life is good!

I have met many of my best friends here, and will not "name names" in case any are accidentally left out. 

TBD is still my Bills home.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Been here since the beginning on day one - in fact I might have even played a role in that....

Let's see - almost everything changed - married, kids, met some fellow Bills fans I am still good friends with to this day. I barely remember what things were like back in 98 except that the Internet was a lot uglier and Hyper Bills on the Rochester D&C site fell into chaos and was ***** down, leaving many homeless until Two Bills Drive started a chat... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.