Matt Araiza

SCBills

Justice for Matt Araiza.

The victims attorney deserves and needs to be sued. They could conceivably sue her too but she likely has squat for assets. Symbolically I say YES. Will Matt Araiza  gain financially from this suit? I'm not a lawyer but I think he has decent chances of winning. I hope so in any case

• Vomit 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Yup and it should have been a slam dunk case.  Why wasn't it?

I'm sure cops spending nine months to process a report had no bearing on the quality of the case presented to the prosecution, nor was their insistence that the school not investigate and the schools decision to comply with that request. Oh, and lest we forget that over 94% of incidents involving sexual assault in this country actually lead to even an arrest. https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/10/06/less-than-percent-rapes-lead-felony-convictions-least-percent-victims-face-emotional-physical-consequences/

And of course that's not even bringing up the specter of a billion dollar collegiate sports empire that clearly does no wrong when it comes to incidents of sexual assaults at places like Penn St, Baylor, Tennessee, Florida State, etc.

Why oh why wasn't he prosecuted if he was guilty? It took 50 years for Bill Cosby to be prosecuted, 20 years for Danny Masterson, Trump is still on the loose. Fame, money and prestige are a hell of a shield when it comes to sexual assault allegations.

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Fame, money and prestige are a hell of a shield when it comes to sexual assault allegations.

Yeah, the fame, money and prestige of a college punter 😂

He wasn't prosecuted because the girl and her attorney are full of sh*t.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm sure cops spending nine months to process a report had no bearing on the quality of the case presented to the prosecution, nor was their insistence that the school not investigate and the schools decision to comply with that request. Oh, and lest we forget that over 94% of incidents involving sexual assault in this country actually lead to even an arrest. https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/10/06/less-than-percent-rapes-lead-felony-convictions-least-percent-victims-face-emotional-physical-consequences/

And of course that's not even bringing up the specter of a billion dollar collegiate sports empire that clearly does no wrong when it comes to incidents of sexual assaults at places like Penn St, Baylor, Tennessee, Florida State, etc.

Why oh why wasn't he prosecuted if he was guilty? It took 50 years for Bill Cosby to be prosecuted, 20 years for Danny Masterson, Trump is still on the loose. Fame, money and prestige are a hell of a shield when it comes to sexual assault allegations.

The amount of time the cops took had no bearing on anything.  Once it was proven that a) she lied about her age (as every high schooler who has ever gone to a college party has done) by witness accounts and b) it was consensual, rape and especially statutory rape were gone.  

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

The amount of time the cops took had no bearing on anything.  Once it was proven that a) she lied about her age (as every high schooler who has ever gone to a college party has done) by witness accounts and b) it was consensual, rape and especially statutory rape were gone.  

Um, consent has no bearing on statutory rape.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

The point being he didn't force himself on her.

Again, that point is not relevant to statutory rape. She was a minor and he is an adult. That's what matters. It can be consensual, and still be statutory rape.

I'm looking forward to all the shocked faces if it comes out this dude is a serial predator in 10-20 years.

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Again, that point is not relevant to statutory rape. 

Mistake of age is, however, which *seems* to be an issue here based on what little I've seen.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Mistake of age is, however, which *seems* to be an issue here based on what little I've seen.

Yup. That's the defense, and it seems to have worked.

11 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He knows that.  It has been explained to him many times.  He doesn't care.

I don't need it explained to me. I'm well aware of the details of the case. He's not going to be held legally liable, but he still did it.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yup. That's the defense, and it seems to have worked.

I don't need it explained to me. I'm well aware of the details of the case. He's not going to be held legally liable, but he still did it.

Why is a 22 year old engaging in a consensual sex act with a girl who told everyone who would listen she was 18 is such an egregious offense in your opinion? 

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Why is a 22 year old engaging in a consensual sex act with a girl who told everyone who would listen she was 18 is such an egregious offense in your opinion? 

Is this a serious question? Because he's 22 and she's 17. Where does your gag reflex kick in? Is 18 and 13 cool to you? 19 and 14? 20 and 15?

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Is this a serious question? Because he's 22 and she's 17. Where does your gag reflex kick in? Is 18 and 13 cool to you? 19 and 14? 20 and 15?

In your expertise in the field, can you often tell the difference between a 17 year old and 18 year old just by looking at them? Do you ID everybody you suspect of being under the age of 25 before you interact with them? Whats your process?

Edited by Jauronimo

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Oh. So you're an idiot.

intelligent response. I should have expected it. This place has a very lax attitude when it comes to sexual relations with minors it seems. It's more than a little concerning. I guess I shouldn't be surprised based on the other takes around here, but I still am. I thought this was an issue with a lot of common ground, but I guess it's "political" now.

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

intelligent response. I should have expected it. This place has a very lax attitude when it comes to sexual relations with minors it seems. It's more than a little concerning. I guess I shouldn't be surprised based on the other takes around here, but I still am. I thought this was an issue with a lot of common ground, but I guess it's "political" now.

It was a genius response to ignore the fact that the girl lied about her age and try to cast everyone else as a pedo.  You got the response you deserve but I edited it anyway.

Apparently its on Araiza to be able to intuit everyone's age like some kind of carnival barker and ignore the girl announcing to the party that shes 18.  Calling your stance on Araiza a crusade might be an understatement.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.