Are players ever fully off a teams draft board?

Virgil

As we see certain players drop, for whatever reason, I wonder if there are thresholds of when a team might reconsider drafting that player.  

Most draft boards I see rank players by position, then by round rank within that.  

So, if there’s an OT who ranked in interviews, but fairly productive in the league with a second round grade.  Do the Bills take him off the board completely, or put an asterisk next to him that indicates “if he’s available in the 5th or UDFA, then sure”

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

As we see certain players drop, for whatever reason, I wonder if there are thresholds of when a team might reconsider drafting that player.  

Most draft boards I see rank players by position, then by round rank within that.  

So, if there’s an OT who ranked in interviews, but fairly productive in the league with a second round grade.  Do the Bills take him off the board completely, or put an asterisk next to him that indicates “if he’s available in the 5th or UDFA, then sure”

depends on the issue and their skill

guys can absolutely come off though

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

depends on the issue and their skill

guys can absolutely come off though

that tackle with the ***** issue a few years back comes to mind as a prospect that became fully untouchable for 32 teams. But surely it happens for subsets on different less extreme issues 

• Like (+1) 1

Guys with criminal records often are classified as undraftable & unsignable by teams.  Some teams had Richie Incognito on their blacklist due to all his problems in college, however all it takes is one team to draft a guy for him to get in the league.  In the past teams like the Bengals & Seahawks were notorious for drafting guys with off the field problems.  Lately the Chiefs have had some very questionable picks who they viewed as bargains because other teams wouldn't touch them.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.