TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Who should the Bills take at #59

Virgil

Who should the Bills take at #59  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills take at #59

• Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon St
    • Keeanu Benton, DT, Wisconsin
    • Jonathan Mingo, WR, Ole Miss
    • Luke Wypier, C, Ohio St (3rd round grade, ESPN grade 74)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/22/2023 at 12:00 AM

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Interesting that NFL.COM has Kyle Duggar as his pro comp. Weren’t we reported to be interested in Duggar prior to the Cheaters* snagging him? I seem to remember hearing about how versatile he is, and we obviously love that. 

Imo that comp has to do with how they might be used as pros. Dugger is a crazy explosive athlete, to me that is the difference. But Johnson is coming from a much higher level program so he’s way less raw. I like Johnson a lot, but it seems talking heads are knocking him down based on the combine. It will be very interesting to see where he goes. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Imo that comp has to do with how they might be used as pros. Dugger is a crazy explosive athlete, to me that is the difference. But Johnson is coming from a much higher level program so he’s way less raw. I like Johnson a lot, but it seems talking heads are knocking him down based on the combine. It will be very interesting to see where he goes. 

I’m no expert on this guy, but in general I hope everyone else focuses on the combine and we focus on game tape. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He'd be near the top of my list yea. I have a high second on him I don't have my board infront of my but I suspect he is my BPA.

Not a fan of Johnson. 15 years ago he’s have made a great SS but he’s not a great cover guy. 

Edited by gonzo1105

If I were Beane it would be an easy decision. I'd be certain that at this spot, Antonio Johnson is both the BPA but also is a player at a position of need, if not this season then next.

Hyde is coming back from neck surgery, plus he's in the final year of his deal.

Poyer signed for two more years but was injured a lot last year being a warrior.

Rapp was only signed for a year

Hamlin, I'm still not sure he'll play again.

Safety is a need.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Not a fan of Johnson. 15 years ago he’s have made a great SS but he’s not a great cover guy. 

He is more of a box safety, that's true. But I am fine with him in coverage. I think he is a top 25 player in the class and I'd run to the podium if he were there and the rest of this board was the same. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m no expert on this guy, but in general I hope everyone else focuses on the combine and we focus on game tape. 

I think it is a combination of both, its all about projection, but if a guy is too slow, he likely can’t hang. But I agree games take precedent. 

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is more of a box safety, that's true. But I am fine with him in coverage. I think he is a top 25 player in the class and I'd run to the podium if he were there and the rest of this board was the same. 

Yikes top 25 , the draft sucks, it doesn’t suck that bad. I’d have him as a 4th round prospect not a fan at all. If someone took him in the 3rd okay I get it. Anything before that is a reach 

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.