Has anybody seen the new Super Mario Bros movie yet? (No Spoilers)

BillsPride12

We are taking my Nephew to see it tonight, and in all seriousness I think I'm more excited to see it than he is lol.  To me this looks like the movie us 90s kids should've gotten instead of that god awful live action movie that didn't resemble Super Mario World at all!  So yeah tonight is over 30 years in the making haha!  Has anybody seen it yet and did you think it lived up to the hype?  Please no spoilers though

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

We are taking my Nephew to see it tonight, and in all seriousness I think I'm more excited to see it than he is lol.  To me this looks like the movie us 90s kids should've gotten instead of that god awful live action movie that didn't resemble Super Mario World at all!  So yeah tonight is over 30 years in the making haha!  Has anybody seen it yet and did you think it lived up to the hype?  Please no spoilers though

Illumination did the animation, so the visuals are amazing. The plot is meh so just enjoy the jokes and so many references. There are mid AND post credit scenes if you don't feel like running out of the theatre. 

• Like (+1) 1

It was fun.  Obviously it was geared towards the kids and some of the humor was cheesy but for anybody who grew up playing all the Mario video games I thought the most impressive part was how many different elements, "worlds", characters etc. were implemented into the movie.  I'd say I'm more of a Nostalgia Nerd than hardcore gamer and some of the stuff really took me back lol.

• Like (+1) 1

I took my 6yo daughter. It was the first movie she's had the patience to sit through in its entirety and she enjoyed it. I thought it was paced pretty well and never seemed to drag, which is good for the younger viewers.

I'm a video game nut and while I'm not a total Nintendo-phile, appreciated the references.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.