BAM! BIFF! BONK! BOFF!

\GoBillsInDallas/

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I have no clue how that Dad didn't start breaking everything in sight including the other kids face.  Kid should be suspended from ever playing sports again. 

I wonder if the kid is old enough for assault charges.

What's the discussion supposed to be here besides just general outrage?

Unfortunately, after wrestling for 6 years across my youth, I saw a small handful of similar instances across the many tournaments and meets I participated in. Usually not a straight punch, but a number of illegal, dangerous slams in the middle of a match when one of the wrestlers was frustrated leading to their disqualification, and in certain cases the police being called. Illegal and dangerous holds (changing a Head&Arm to more of a Head&Neck). Even saw one wrestler's older brother run onto the mat and attack the opponent for legally winning a tough match.

Horrible every time, but it happens, unfortunately. We're just able to document it a lot more now thanks to phones and social media.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

What's the discussion supposed to be here besides just general outrage?

Unfortunately, after wrestling for 6 years across my youth, I saw a small handful of similar instances across the many tournaments and meets I participated in. Usually not a straight punch, but a number of illegal, dangerous slams in the middle of a match when one of the wrestlers was frustrated leading to their disqualification, and in certain cases the police being called. Illegal and dangerous holds (changing a Head&Arm to more of a Head&Neck). Even saw one wrestler's older brother run onto the mat and attack the opponent for legally winning a tough match.

Horrible every time, but it happens, unfortunately. We're just able to document it a lot more now thanks to phones and social media.

Wrestling is weird in general (no offense) and we are outraged over a punch.

Not condoning it. Not sure why he did it, I watched whole match... I can't tell... Outside of what you said about an illegal slam. ???

Yeah... Bad, but haven't disputes been settled like this since the dawn of time? 

I wonder what he did to illicit this reaction?

Oh! The assault,  the crying mom, call the police. They were just wrestling... Weird... 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I have no clue how that Dad didn't start breaking everything in sight including the other kids face.  Kid should be suspended from ever playing sports again. 

Yeah... Father solving it the same way as the kid who threw the sucker punch. 😆... Tit for tat... That'll teach 'em!

Again, not condoning the sucker punch, but I'd like to hear why he did it.

They were just wrestling for crying out loud... Oh the outrage! Call the police. Press charges! The UNSANCTIONED assault! The crying mom! 

SUE!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... Father solving it the same way as the kid who threw the sucker punch. 😆... Tit for tat... That'll teach 'em!

Again, not condoning the sucker punch, but I'd like to hear why he did it.

They were just wrestling for crying out loud... Oh the outrage! Call the police. Press charges! The UNSANCTIONED assault! The crying mom! 

SUE!

I mean, when you step outside the sportsmanship of the game, after the match, and physically attack someone... yeah, you deserve the cops called for assault.

Same as some NHL players have been charged by local police for horribly violent and illegal hits/slashes. Same as Myles Garrett should have been charged for swinging that helmet at Rudolph.

I dont see anything in the match that warranted the punch after except sore losing.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd kick the kid off the team and ban the kids and parents from participating in the league for a season.  

Once parents start being held accountable for crap their kids do (or don't do, like show up for school), the respective situation will improve.

I think one of the hardest lessons you have to teach your kids as a parent is learning how to control your emotions.  Fix that now before Hafid grows up and shoots a guy dead because he didn't use his turn signal while merging.

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.