The Walls be Closing

Kemp

15 hours ago, Kemp said:

Super cool!

It sucks that he’s so anti-democracy and that his fan base is a bunch of backwoods idiots because otherwise he has very strong grandpa energy 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/27/2023 at 11:22 AM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I always loved his work, but I'd think he should be eliminated from consideration solely based on his roles in The Irishperson and Flowers of Paper Moon.  His performances were god-awful, and I'd hazard a guess your coffee cup would have done a better job in both.

What was wrong with that movie?

17 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What exactly was inaccurate and lazy about mentioning politics in response to your post citing the comments of political figures, acting as members of a specific political party, about other political figures, where you asked about uproar from one side of the political spectrum?   Then, after flipping your gumbo about lazy and inaccurate, you proceed to comment on political parties and politicians. 

When you go to one of your Michelin restaurants, and the waiter asks you if you would like a drink, do you go on a screed about waiters of restaurants past who forgot to bring you bread?  Do you encumber him with your opinion on like, all the worst….restaurants…eveeeerrrrrrrr.? 

Observationally, sentences 1 and 2 of your reply, no uproar noted.  Sentences 3-7,  you sounded uproared, a little, just a bit. Maybe. I think. 

No uproar, it's expected at this point.  

It's lazy and inaccurate to say this is politics as usual- and correct me if that is not your point-  because it's acting as if what is going on right now is normal and/or comparable to any other time in our nations history (and i fully realize this gets said every election year).  But you like to do that, you act like 2 events with similar subjects are exactly the same.  You do it with the top secret documents comparison, even though only one person blatantly lied and has been caught purposely sharing documents with people not authorized to see them.  You do it when you compare 2016 and 2020 post election results as if dems hyperbolizing about an election being stolen is the same as flat out denying election results, not conceding, and riling up the base causing j6 are the same.  Those are just two examples but you, and most of the right, do this all the time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

You do it when you compare 2016 and 2020 post election results as if dems hyperbolizing about an election being stolen is the same as flat out denying election results, not conceding, and riling up the base causing j6 are the same.  

That's only because the 2020 election was stolen. As we all know.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

What was wrong with that movie?

This is a personal observation, obviously, and I recognize some people may have enjoyed it.  

I found the characters to be the equivalent of white rice, in a white bowl, with a side of wonder bread and mayonnaise.    They were there, and I acknowledge seeing them, but beyond that I found the performances sorta bleh.  I found nothing particularly interesting in any of the characters, and Deniro--one of the great actors of his generation, was nothing special.   

I'm being serious when I tell you the fire alarm at the theater went off with about 20 minutes left in the movie, and my wife and I were sorta grateful for the opportunity to exit.   

10 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

25%.  not all.  you meant to say "most maggots", right?

Deep down, at the bottom of your heart, in that small little place where you hold your secrets, you know that election was stolen. And I know that you know, but it's ok if you can't admit it, you know.

Edited by wnyguy
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, wnyguy said:

Deep down, at the bottom of your heart. in that small little place where you hold your secrets, you know that election was stolen. And I know that you know, but it's ok if you can't admit it, you know.

only the 25% fringe insurrectionists believe it.  are the other 75% lying?  why?

16 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

That's only because the 2020 election was stolen. As we all know.

I know.  And those Jewish Space Lasers did start those forest fires.  Obama is really running the Biden presidency in secret.  Thousands of dead people vote every election, all for democrats.   Vaccines are actual injecting tracking devices into people.  The same vaccines also cause the blood to be magnetized.  Trump will actually be re-installed as president before Biden's term has finished.  Ray Epps is the mastermind of J6 through the FBI - he's also antifa.  Communists.  Marxists. 

Oh I know.  You are 100%.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, L Ron Burgundy said:

I know.  And those Jewish Space Lasers did start those forest fires.  Obama is really running the Biden presidency in secret.  Thousands of dead people vote every election, all for democrats.   Vaccines are actual injecting tracking devices into people.  The same vaccines also cause the blood to be magnetized.  Trump will actually be re-installed as president before Biden's term has finished.  Ray Epps is the mastermind of J6 through the FBI - he's also antifa.  Communists.  Marxists. 

where have all the maggots gone?

1 minute ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Mr. Burgundy, you know, as well as red hawk knows, that the 2020 election was farcical. Anyone that has cognitive thoughts knows that it was stolen. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is a personal observation, obviously, and I recognize some people may have enjoyed it.  

I found the characters to be the equivalent of white rice, in a white bowl, with a side of wonder bread and mayonnaise.    They were there, and I acknowledge seeing them, but beyond that I found the performances sorta bleh.  I found nothing particularly interesting in any of the characters, and Deniro--one of the great actors of his generation, was nothing special.   

I'm being serious when I tell you the fire alarm at the theater went off with about 20 minutes left in the movie, and my wife and I were sorta grateful for the opportunity to exit.   

I thought it was a pretty good movie, I liked having a side by side comparison of Deniro's character and Dicaprio's. Basically the difference between a sociopathic/psychopathic character, can never remember which one is right, who essentially feels absolutely nothing no guilt or remorse for the evil things he does. Against a more average man who also ends up going down a path committing evil acts but does feel those things and has to find a way to rationalize things.

4 hours ago, wnyguy said:

Mr. Burgundy, you know, as well as red hawk knows, that the 2020 election was farcical. Anyone that has cognitive thoughts knows that it was stolen. 

Oh I know.  And Trump is a good Christian man.  He actually fought in Vietnam, he just doesnt take credit for it.  He pushed the Mongols out of Europe.  He cured Covid, aids (thank god for you right?), and cancer.  His election victory celebration was the largest ever.  He never lies.  His healthcare and infrastructure plans were the best.  The moon landing was faked and the world is flat.  You and I agree on a lot actually.  Proof and science are for freaking suckers.  You 'n me?  We got twitter and youtube.  

Edited by L Ron Burgundy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Oh I know.  And Trump is a good Christian man.  He actually fought in Vietnam, he just doesnt take credit for it.  He pushed the Mongols out of Europe.  He cured Covid, aids (thank god for you right?), and cancer.  His election victory celebration was the largest ever.  He never lies.  His healthcare and infrastructure plans were the best.  The moon landing was faked and the world is flat.  You and I agree on a lot actually.  Proof and science for for freaking suckers.  You 'n me?  We got twitter and youtube.  

lol You know.

45 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

No uproar, it's expected at this point.  

It's lazy and inaccurate to say this is politics as usual- and correct me if that is not your point-  because it's acting as if what is going on right now is normal and/or comparable to any other time in our nations history (and i fully realize this gets said every election year).  But you like to do that, you act like 2 events with similar subjects are exactly the same.  You do it with the top secret documents comparison, even though only one person blatantly lied and has been caught purposely sharing documents with people not authorized to see them.  You do it when you compare 2016 and 2020 post election results as if dems hyperbolizing about an election being stolen is the same as flat out denying election results, not conceding, and riling up the base causing j6 are the same.  Those are just two examples but you, and most of the right, do this all the time.

I already corrected you.  You asked for feedback of  political matter, specially about people on one side of the aisle, and then pretended that wasn't your question.  If you're incapable of framing a question without losing track of the subject, you should consider consulting with someone intellectually capable of assisting you. 

As for the rest of your post, I'm capable of analyzing and considering multiple events, including but not limited to timing, historical events that might be similar, what people said then, what people say now, the role of the media, accuracy of the media, the role of the government, the potential for government overreach and quite a few other factors.  

In fact, if you sum up the events and outcome of the period of time from 2015-2020 as political 'hyperbole', I gave you far too much credit in previous posts.  It was MCarthy-esque in nature, and the only way I'm not sitting here today saying "Jesus L. Ron, the dems treated you like a simpleton" is if/when Robert Mueller established clear and convincing evidence of Trump engage in a criminal conspiracy with Putin.  We know how that played out, so Jesus, L. Ron the dems treated you like a simpleton.

Post election 2020, I accepted that Biden was president, thought the 1/6 riot was disgraceful, supported the office who shot an unarmed protestor, support criminal charges against trespassers/rioters and those who assaulted police.   However, I think serious questions remain unanswered and think criticism of the process is fair.  

I didn't support any of Trump's post election activity beyond questions initially raised about potential fraud. I felt those questions needed to be answered, and that widespread fraud was certainly a possibility to content with.  So did just about everyone else in the country, some just were really really really really certain the fraud was in 2016 and any question of wrongdoing beyond the pale in 2020. 

2016 and 2020 were different in application and scale, but if you're proud of 2016, you're much more likely to be caught up in a fascist fervor than am I. 

The top secret comparison...I can't help you there.  Yes, I consider the argument that Joe Biden is your poster child for classified document righteous bordering on infantile.    I believe Trump acted foolishly in his version of classified documents, knowing full well the dems would burn the country to the ground on non-existent 'collusion', he should have returned the documents. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Yeah and I also won “most handsome” in my senior yearbook but a bunch of ballots were counted after hours