Basement: What did comment mean

Riverboat Ritchie

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

I'm not arguing that he isn't a good QB - I think he's firmly in the 6-8 range - but I don't think he's displayed anything close to Josh's ability and definitely shouldn't be ranked ahead of him. You seem to agree, so is your argument that Herbert could potentially be better with a healthy line, etc? I personally didn't see that at all this year. He almost played timid at times in a way that Allen/Mahomes/Burrow never do. 

My point is:  lots of QB would take a step back playing under similar circumstances.   There  were several factors that contributed to his “regression” or whatever people are saying.  He had a lame duck OC Lombardi.  A lame duck HC.  Zero pass protection. Zero run game.  He broke a rib in week 1.  He had a torn labrum. Lost his best OL for the season and his 2nd best OL for a handful of games.  Lost his go to WR for over half the year. Lost his #2 WR for a handful of games. 

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

It's a recency bias.  He threw for 133 yards in london with 2 picks and took 2 bad sacks in a loss to Denver.  179 yards passing in a blowout loss against detroit.  

I mean jeeze, he threw 4 interceptions in a playoff game and we're crowning him? 

Funny how that works isn't it?  Allen has a solid game in his first playoff start on the road and all people talked about was his bad decision making when he tried to lateral the ball to Knox.  BTW, the Bills didn't lose possession on that play and went on to kick a FG and push the game to OT.  Lawrence throws FOUR bad INT's in one half of his playoff game at home and Cowherd and company dismiss it as a case of "sh@@ happens".

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Personally I could care less about Colin and his herd hierarchy.  He blows like the wind and constantly jumps on & off player bandwagons.  His opinion doesn't matter anymore.  All that matters is help for Josh.  Everything else is noise.

Bingo!  If you notice he has Allen at #5 which gives him the flexibility to easily bump him to #1 or drop him to #10 depending on how he does early next season. 

Now to be fair to Cowherd he did caveat his list with other factors including offensive coaching, O line and skill players.  So Allen at #5 reflects that Cowherd thinks having a defensive minded HC is a problem in the current NFL.  Cowherd also mentioned that Allen's drop to #5 has a lot to do with the Bills poor O line.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.