Can you imagine being Allen last night?

whorlnut

20 hours ago, Big Turk said:

As we have seen time and again, defense doesn't really matter in the playoffs against elite teams.  They are gonna score their points. Bills had the #6, #1, and #2 defenses in the NFL and got smoked all three times in the playoffs against elite offenses. 

Eagles had the 3rd most sacks in NFL history next to 84 and 85 Bears and got 0 last night. 2nd best D in the NFL, allowed 38 points(31 if you don't count the Defensive TD by KC). KC moved the ball and scored at will on every possession in the 2nd half. 

Defense only has to be around league average to be good enough. Bills need to allocate 90% of resources to offensive line and offensive weapons. The rules are simply tilted too far in the offenses favor for it to matter with defense, unless your DLine can maul the other team's OLine and usually that isn't going to happen unless multiple starters are out. 

I don’t disagree with your general point but your statements about the Eagles need some context. The Bills would be in the SB if they played the same schedule as the Eagles. The defense folded the two or three times they played literally anybody. I mean look at the schedule for yourself. It’s incredible. Dak was the best they faced all year. Maybe Goff, until the SB. 

11 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

Yeah but the 2 years prior it was Rams D and Bucs D that won for them. 

If Von didn't get hurt, I feel like Buffalo is doing the hoisting. Same with Tre year before. But who knows.

I can agree somewhat, but I hope management does not use that thinking to stay pat. Didn’t Levy say if you not getting better ….  We better do something on offense to get better.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.