Who's our slot WR in 2023, Shakir or...?

Nephilim17

Same exact story as last offseason...yhey should be looking to add speed/quickness and/or a contested catch jump ball athlete for outside.

I'd rather get two quick/speed guys, and release McKenzie.  

If you go back and watch the games from either past 2 seasons, this team had a tendency to struggle against press man/aggressive blitzing teams.  

We need more players that can win 1-1 routes, quickly and consistently.  Right now that's only Diggs.  

Banking on Shakir in the slot is a gamble.  He's not overly quick/explosive, and lacks some of that "feel" that goes into playing that spot.  He's the ideal #4 WR, can backup inside and outside.

I'd be surprised if Shakir doesn't take advantage of this opportunity. With Hines taking over and doing a great job as the returner, McKenzie doesn't even have that to protect his job.

I believe Beasley is still under contract and he should return in a backup role, maybe 66% Shakir, 33% Beasley, to keep him healthy for the playoffs. Crowder I'd only bring back at vet minimum and use him sparingly if so. He's unfortunately made of glass.

Then again, Von said OBJ would be a Bill ...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.