The Biden Boom: Biden's Economy Has the Best Growth Record Since 1969

For what it's worth, which is probably nothing, we have had our last three houses built. New construction.

I am an energy geek and follow the industry and technology closely.

Our last house had geothermal. Loved it.

The pricing eliminated that consideration on the one we live in now. Prices for geothermal in no way are justified.

This house is perfect for solar. We have a three car garage roof that faces true south. I had the roof of the garage framed to handle solar, which I wanted to have the option to do later on when efficiencies made sense. They still don't.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, sherpa said:

For what it's worth, which is probably nothing, we have had our last three houses built. New construction.

I am an energy geek and follow the industry and technology closely.

Our last house had geothermal. Loved it.

The pricing eliminated that consideration on the one we live in now. Prices for geothermal in no way are justified.

This house is perfect for solar. We have a three car garage roof that faces true south. I had the roof of the garage framed to handle solar, which I wanted to have the option to do later on when efficiencies made sense. They still don't.

I hope Billstime doesn't mind a temp thread diversion but...how much more did your houses come in than quoted.  I hear 150% is expected.  ridiculous  and that's from the contractors quote.  I hope businesses get better service than single home builders.

Edited by redtail hawk

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

btw, in reference to the actual thread;  my buddy says he's on track for his best year in over a decade.  Recovery is unequal and staggered.  It's just the way it is...somethings will never change

THIS is evidence 

- John from Riverside 

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

I hope Billstime doesn't mind a temp thread diversion but...how much more did your houses come in than quoted.  I hear 150% is expected.  ridiculous  and that's from the contractors quote.  

The answer to that question depends on what changes are made after the bid.

Our's were about 15% higher than the original bid, but that was our doing.

It is not realistic to guess at a figure, because it depends on so many variable. This house, I was travelling to South America the entire time, so I had arranged for all the hardwood flooring and interior doors to be imported from there. The original bid had standard US supplied oak flooring and hollow core doors, but I had that stuff shipped up, so maybe I'm not the guy to ask.

Additionally, I did a fair amount of work myself, intercoms. sound and ceiling fans etc.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, TSOL said:

And it's all going to Ukraine 

A few thoughts:

• Putin thanks you for your support.
  • Democracy is priceless.
  • Do you realize Trump mysteriously lost track of billions in PPP loans - greater than what we have spent on Ukraine?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

A few thoughts:

• Do you realize Trump mysteriously lost track of billions in PPP loans - greater than what we have spent on Ukraine?

I don't know what kind of democracy allows the leader to call off elections 

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

A few thoughts:

I thought the SBA administered the PPP program?

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I thought the SBA administered the PPP program?

That is correct but the money came from the $2.2 trillion coronavirus relief bill that Conald signed into law.

Conald ALSO fired Glenn Fine - the leader of a new watchdog panel charged with overseeing how his administration spends trillions of taxpayer dollars in coronavirus pandemic relief

What a coincidence!

15 minutes ago, TSOL said:

I don't know what kind of democracy allows the leader to call off elections 

Oh, this cute. Are you like 12-years-old?

Why did they postpone their election?  

Is there something going on over there?

Did the President of Ukraine break their law by postponing the election?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillStime said:

That is correct but the money came from the $2.2 trillion coronavirus relief bill that Conald signed into law.

Conald ALSO fired Glenn Fine - the leader of a new watchdog panel charged with overseeing how his administration spends trillions of taxpayer dollars in coronavirus pandemic relief

What a coincidence!

Oh, this cute. Are you like 12-years-old?

Why did they postpone their election?  

Is there something going on over there?

Did the President of Ukraine break their law by postponing the election?

That's not how democracy works 

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Are you too afraid to address?

Elections are a fundamental core of democracy, you don't cancel elections. That might not make sense to a liberal, we all know how you guys try to cancel things that don't suit your agenda 

Just now, TSOL said:

Elections are a fundamental core of democracy, you don't cancel elections. That might not make sense to a liberal, we all know how you guys try to cancel things that don't suit your agenda 

What's going on over there?

What does the Ukranian Constitution say about hosting elections during MARTIAL F'n LAW?

5 minutes ago, TSOL said:

I am seriously trying to figure out what the ***** you’re talking about here

We literally just had an ex president try to, in essence cancel an election in our own country

He didn’t like the results

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1