Howard and Jeremy!

RobbRiddicksTDLeap

2 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

A Dl that has had 4 1st rounders and 3 2nd rounders should not need an aging Von Miller and his massive contract to help them get a pass rush.  Thats just piss poor drafting, at the expense of the offense to top it off

Im finally at the point that I dont think they are capable of it.  I think they are at their ceiling and we need an offensive minded coach to get us there

I didn’t want to feel this way but numerous times this season I said damn Sean should be better than this this far in….

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Does anyone think Allen is asking Beane to bring back both Brown and Beasley if he had faith in Davis/McKenzie? Like when was the last time Brown even played ? Not surprised that teams just loaded up on Diggs and let others try and beat us.  We have no 3 down back and line is suspect,  our offence struggled all season and yesterday it showed. Diggs was pissed because Allen was not throwing to him in double coverage.  Like how dropped passes did Mckenzie and Davis have this season.  Mahomes and Burrows both have endless options and Beane is giving Allen not much outside of Diggs.

Its Beanes fault we went into the season promoting Davis and McKenzie up the depth chart, fielding us a worse WR group than we had the previous year.  And before anyone says we added Crowder, please, just stop.  Crowder was in no way an upgrade to Beasley.  All that defense capital used is whats going to get him fired, even after getting the Allen pick right.  He has missed on most of his picks and its becoming more obvious now

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Any suggestions on the solution?  Part of me wonders whether McKenzie and what I understand to be his incessant mouth is done here.  Part of me also wonders whether it’s time for a tweak in defensive philosophy.  My two cents is that the draft should focus on protecting Josh and acquiring additional skill and speed for that side of the ball.  We should double down on our best asset.  On the defensive side of the ball, I’m not sure what can be done.  We have a bunch of guys aging poorly and/or leaving (White, Poyer, Jordan Phillips, maybe Edmunds, too) and who haven’t met expectations (Epenesa, Basham, Bernard).  It makes me wonder whether fresh ideas (coaching) on the defensive side of the ball is due. 

Build a team that can score 25-30 points per game and then the defense just needs to make a few plays here and there. THAT is how we became a top team. Offense, not defense. 

You can have a GREAT defense (49ers) and still get shredded against a top offense like they did vs KC this season. Rules are too skewed towards the offense and these QBs are too good. 

Sure, you want a great defense if you can get one, but it's secondary. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Build a team that can score 25-30 points per game and then the defense just needs to make a few plays here and there. THAT is how we became a top team. Offense, not defense. 

You can have a GREAT defense (49ers) and still get shredded against a top offense like they did vs KC this season. Rules are too skewed towards the offense and these QBs are too good. 

Sure, you want a great defense if you can get one, but it's secondary. 

image.png.5920974384381ad7eb66104676254e83.png

• Like (+1) 1

Yesterday I was indifferent to Sal C's apologies for the coaching disaster that Sunday was, but today? OMG Sal went full apology mode for McD.  His take this morning , which I found mindboggling, was that McD gets conservative in the 2nd half of games as a default position to help the team have a chance. ..............HUH? He then went on to guess that maybe McD was thinking that when he punted in the 2nd half at 4th and 2, that the Bills D could "get a stop or 2" to get back in the game. HUH #2??? Now I know these takes are guesses  by Sal and are big stretches by him. But Sal doesn't seem to get that if his hunches are true, they are not excuses for McD but further examples of his incompetence as coach. Punting when you are down 14 pts in an elimination game? Punting and thinking that you could get a "stop or 2" when your defense has been completely ineffective at stopping the opposing offense quickly all day? Sal please stop with the excuses and give us an honest assessment. You dont have to go full Jerry Sullivan on us but stop with the excuses.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.