Leslie Frazier.

BillMafia716ix

Im all aboard the fire Ken Dorsey train. Sign me up for that but I’m not on the fire Leslie Frazier train like everybody else. My question for the room is what could he have done differently? I’m curious to hear people opinions. My point of view..they just got dominated up front. Shaq Lawson was the only guy to even get a finger on Burrow. You say bring pressure..but that leaves us vulnerable in the secondary especially when Cincy goes 3 wide. 

I don’t think firing Leslie is the answer. They have serious issues up front. Once Von Miller went down. Our defensive line play especially in terms of rushing the passer dropped significantly. We just don’t have the guys up front. That’s the main issue I see with the defense not the coordinator. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

For playing teams with receivers like theirs I’d probably try to get the cornerbacks to play more man. Jam them as much as possible at the line with a little safety help and hope for some coverage sacks. Try something else because zone is not the answer. I’m just mad that they trotted out the same thing as the partial Monday night game and they should have known that wasn’t going to work after their offense smoked our defense in no time. 

27 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Im all aboard the fire Ken Dorsey train. Sign me up for that but I’m not on the fire Leslie Frazier train like everybody else. My question for the room is what could he have done differently? I’m curious to hear people opinions. My point of view..they just got dominated up front. Shaq Lawson was the only guy to even get a finger on Burrow. You say bring pressure..but that leaves us vulnerable in the secondary especially when Cincy goes 3 wide. 

I don’t think firing Leslie is the answer. They have serious issues up front. Once Von Miller went down. Our defensive line play especially in terms of rushing the passer dropped significantly. We just don’t have the guys up front. That’s the main issue I see with the defense not the coordinator. 

Miller went down and Phillips got hurt too.  Just not enough physicality up front on both sides of the ball.

• Agree 1

Is this a joke?? Keep Frazier???? What could be done differently?? Oh gee, I don’t know, how about not playing base nickel EVERY PLAY for starters?! On 3rd and 2 or 4th and 1 plays using a ***** nose tackle or at the very least 5 lineman to stop the run. Or have the line do stunts and twists instead just going straight ahead EVERY PLAY. How about not playing soft zone 95% of the time?! Not having your safety’s retreat 30 yards on obvious short pass plays?! 

I’ve said all this for 3 seasons now. The bills D was ranked high in spite of Frazier, not because of him. Dude is a bum who shows no emotion or pizazz. No energy. The team played with that same attitude (or lack there of) yesterday. 

Last off season I wanted desperately for some dumb team to buy into his “top 3 d” credentials and hire him as HC to rid us of him. But no team was idiotic enough to do it. His bend but don’t break, soft, one dimensional scheme doesn’t work when it matters. And he makes ZERO adjustments in game. He’s got to go!

His defensive mentality during the 13 seconds play epitomizes that bum. It’s a microcosm of him as DC here. He should have been fired then. Now that age and injury caught up to some guys, the facade is gone. Offenses figured out how to beat this teams defense. And because he never makes any adjustments, there was no way this team can stop quality offenses. 

Edited by JPL7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I'm not going to rewatch it for a while, but during the game it felt like they should've been doing 2 things more: pressing up the coverage and running more stunts on the DL.

Burrow didn't have all day to throw, he was simply getting it out in under 2 seconds to a wide open receiver. They needed to take away those options and force Burrow to go long.

Dorsey is a first year OC and can build off of this. Getting more stars for the offense would be good before cutting him loose.

Frazier has been in this spot for 3+ years now and has had plenty of talent on his unit. Time to move on.

The Bills also blitzed a lot and couldn’t get near Burrow….against a weak Cincinnati offensive line. They came out completely flat against a team they just played three weeks earlier and the Bengals did nothing different than that night. They marched down the field twice like taking candy from a baby and were up 14 before my first beer was gone. The Bills then adjusted a bit and we’re “better”. Those adjustments should have been made leading up to the game. Counting the Monday Night game, Cinci had 4 offensive series where they moved the ball with startling ease. It took too long to figure out. That’s on Frazier. Time to move on. And don’t make me revisit 13 seconds. The guy has rolled craps too often in playoff time.

Edited by Beast

24 minutes ago, JPL7 said:

Is this a joke?? Keep Frazier???? What could be done differently?? Oh gee, I don’t know, how about not playing base nickel EVERY PLAY for starters?! On 3rd and 2 or 4th and 1 plays using a ***** nose tackle or at the very least 5 lineman to stop the run. Or have the line do stunts and twists instead just going straight ahead EVERY PLAY. How about not playing soft zone 95% of the time?! Not having your safety’s retreat 30 yards on obvious short pass plays?! 

I’ve said all this for 3 seasons now. The bills D was ranked high in spite of Frazier, not because of him. Dude is a bum who shows no emotion or pizazz. No energy. The team played with that same attitude (or lack there of) yesterday. 

Last off season I wanted desperately for some dumb team to buy into his “top 3 d” credentials and hire him as HC to rid us of him. But no team was idiotic enough to do it. His bend but don’t break, soft, one dimensional scheme doesn’t work when it matters. And he makes ZERO adjustments in game. He’s got to go!

His defensive mentality during the 13 seconds play epitomizes that bum. It’s a microcosm of him as DC here. He should have been fired then. Now that age and injury caught up to some guys, the facade is gone. Offenses figured out how to beat this teams defense. And because he never makes any adjustments, there was no way this team can stop quality offenses. 

Yeah, the defense and defensive line need coaches in the mold of Carl Mauck.  I want to see yelling, red face, veins popping, spit flying.  Get these guys playing mean.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.