I have seen 28 for sure.

On MY top 100:

Wizard of Oz

The Longest Day

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Labyrinth

Field of Dreams

Silverado

I could go on, but we all have our favorites....

This is just two guys opinion. :doh:

Why is the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Godfather series taken as one movie, but Star Wars not? When a movie is designed to be part of a sequence, it would seem that affects how each individual movie should be viewed. I agree with grouping movies, when they are designed that way. Star Wars' legacy should hinge on the total package, not just Episode IV.

Lert's see - they ignored My Fair Lady, Ben-Hur, All Quiet on The Western Front, Harvey, You Can't Take It With You, Shane, etc., and included A Hard Day's Night and The Fly????

Philistines... :doh:

342518[/snapback]

I was also surprised to see Yojimbo on the list, but not Seven Samarai.

CW

Why is the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Godfather series taken as one movie, but Star Wars not?  When a movie is designed to be part of a sequence, it would seem that affects how each individual movie should be viewed.  I agree with grouping movies, when they are designed that way.  Star Wars' legacy should hinge on the total package, not just Episode IV.

342516[/snapback]

Because basically the other 5 sucked.

Why is the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Godfather series taken as one movie, but Star Wars not?  When a movie is designed to be part of a sequence, it would seem that affects how each individual movie should be viewed.  I agree with grouping movies, when they are designed that way.  Star Wars' legacy should hinge on the total package, not just Episode IV.

342516[/snapback]

If you look again you'll see only Godfather I and II were named. Godfather III was, quite rightly, left out.

The LOTR saga was included in its entirety no doubt because all three of the movies were worthy of mention. I think all but the most die-hard Star Wars fans would agree that there were at least one or two episodes out of the six that shouldn't be in anyone's top 100.