Panthers request to interview Dorsey for HC

Process

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

All correct, except Zach Taylor was the QB coach for Goff in LA. He was never the OC there.

He also didn't call the plays in Philadelphia.

Did he call the plays in SD?

I think I’m firmly in the “OK?” Column of when it comes to hiring Reich. But I won’t be pounding the table for him. 

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Well, he had a good year with Wentz too -- they were 11-1 when he went down in 2017 and the offense was cooking. 

Apparently he didn’t call plays in Philly. Then they sucked when he brought Wentz back to Indy. 

I would be tempted to think Pederson is the secret sauce based on that. 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think I’m firmly in the “OK?” Column of when it comes to hiring Reich. But I won’t be pounding the table for him. 

As far as I can tell, he did. But it's all a moot point because reports are out there that he'll get the AZ HC job.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Apparently he didn’t call plays in Philly. Then they sucked when he brought Wentz back to Indy. 

I would be tempted to think Pederson is the secret sauce based on that. 

The Indy offense was very well coordinated with Rivers in 2020. The problem there was Wentz and later the fumbling machine named Matt Ryan.

Dorsey is a bit of an enigma. I'm concerned that he isn't the same level of genius as these offensive wizards in the final four (Sirianni/Steichen, Shanahan, Reid, Taylor/Callahan).

Because our HC is a defensive guy, our OC needs to compete with guys like these. Based on what we saw this season, I don't see it.

At the same time, I don't think he did quite bad enough to be replaced after one year. He works hard and is extremely competitive. It's possible he improves in year 2. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.