How would you rank?

Which movies do you think are the best, in order? I would have to say that I was quite pleased with Revenge of the Sith but it still doesn't touch Empire in my opinion.

So I have them ranked like this..

1. Empire Strikes Back V

2. A new Hope IV

3. Revenge of the Sith III

4. Attack of the Clones II

5. Return of the Jedi VI

6. Phantom Mennace I

I was just wondering what other fans were thinking about the originals versus the newer ones. :doh:

I liked seeing the first two in theatres but I think it was mostly because I was young and had never seen anything quite like it before. I now don't care nearly as much for them having seen them as an adult (or as close as I get).

I thought this last one I just saw over the weekend was far and away the best of the 6, even though I was very disapponted that the Wookies got such short shrift. It seems to me like it took Lucas 30 years to figure out how to eliminate the use of whiny, annoying characters and minimize the moments of really bad dialogue. Because of that I actually found myself involved in one of the films for the first time since I was a kid.

I thought the one with the Ewoks was the worst of the lot. A shame too becasue the finale of a series should be its high point, not low point. The rest of them I consider about the same quality.

So I guess I would order them:

1) Revenge of the Sith

2-5) The Empire Strikes at the New Hope of the Phantom Clones Menace

6) Return of the Jedi

1- Empire strikes back, hated the first time I saw it (maybe I was too young), loved it when I understood it.

2- A new hope, since that door got blasted and Vader came into the scene, hooked

3- Revenge of the Sith, Palpatine is one sick MOFo.

4- Return of the Jedi

5- The Phantom menace, Qui Gon Jin and Darth Maul beats Yoda's battle with Dooku

6- Attack of the Clones

1. Empire, simply the best

2. Star Wars, blasted the door down for this whole debate

3. Sith, Fast paced, set up everything to come, awesome battles

4. Jedi, the final Death Star battle rocked, but Han got kitty-whipped

5. Clones, good battles, weak acting

6. Menace, there was something good here, but alot of bad

I have seen them all except for Revenge of the Sith. I am not going to rank them, though because I do not remember them well enough to do so. I do remember likeing all of them. The #1 thing that killed The Phanton menace that keeps coming up no matter who I talk to is Jar Jar Binks. Alot of people say point blank"Jar Jar Binks ruined the movie". Ways Jar Jar Binks should die. Was he really that bad?

1. Empire Strikes Back V

2. A new Hope IV

5. Return of the Jedi VI

6. Phantom Mennace I

342217[/snapback]

I agree 100%.

1. Empire, simply the best

2. Star Wars, blasted the door down for this whole debate

3. Sith, Fast paced, set up everything to come, awesome battles

4. Jedi, the final Death Star battle rocked, but Han got kitty-whipped

5. Clones, good battles, weak acting

6. Menace, there was something good here, but alot of bad

342243[/snapback]

that's the order i'd put them in. Attack of the Clones looks alot better now tho as background for Sith. Phantom Menace is still and will always be bantha stojan

1 A New Hope (the only movie that can stand alone)

2 The Empire Strikes Back

3 Return of the Jedi

4 Revenge of the Sith - very decent prequel to A New Hope (but very tired of Yoda's schtick, I am)

These two were video games with soundtracks and some dialogue, not movies IMO:

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

BTW: Saw ROTS Saturday afternoon and the theatre was only about 20% full. It is worth seeing again, especially at a matinee price! :doh:

1. Empire Strikes Back V

2. A new Hope IV

5. Return of the Jedi VI

6. Phantom Mennace I

342217[/snapback]

That's exactly how I'd rank them. Great minds think alike.

Which movies do you think are the best,  in order?  I would have to say that I was quite pleased with Revenge of the Sith but it still doesn't touch Empire in my opinion. 

1. Empire Strikes Back V

2. A new Hope IV

5. Return of the Jedi VI

6. Phantom Mennace I

I was just wondering what other fans were thinking about the originals versus the newer ones.  :doh:

342217[/snapback]

Listed like a man who knows his Star Wars. Your ranking is dead on. I might switch Jedi for clones, but it is close. The second half of clones is where Lucas got enough back ground out of the way to get to the action.

I actually think clones should have been episode one and the sith film should have been separated into two films ( he deleted a lot of relevant scenes that make the DVD a must).

Which movies do you think are the best,  in order?  I would have to say that I was quite pleased with Revenge of the Sith but it still doesn't touch Empire in my opinion. 

1. Empire Strikes Back V

2. A new Hope IV

5. Return of the Jedi VI

6. Phantom Mennace I

I was just wondering what other fans were thinking about the originals versus the newer ones.  :doh:

342217[/snapback]

I'll always rank "A New Hope" highest, because it's a great retelling of the classic "hero" story that traces its roots all the way back to the Legend of Gilgamesh, and I believe that Lucas' retelling of it is the single best retelling of the most successful story in the history of civilization.

1. Ep IV A New Hope- The others are nothing with this one, its the original, and quite frankly, the best film of all 6, arguably one of the greatest movies of all time

2. Ep VI Return of the Jedi - A classic ending to the series, with in my opinion, the greatest lightsaber duel and the greatest space battle of all the movies

3. Ep V Empire Strikes Back - Great film, the story was done wonderfully, and heres where we really see what Darth Vader is made of

4. Ep III Revenge of the Sith - Great story, great movie, but cant beat the originals

5. Ep II Attack of the Clones - Good movie, put to shame by the 4 above it, hayden christensen's acting dragged this one down

6. Ep I The Phantom Menace - from the name to the actual movie, there isnt a lot of good to say about it...the story line was necessary, but the movie was done all wrong...

1 A New Hope (the only movie that can stand alone)

2 The Empire Strikes Back

3 Return of the Jedi

4 Revenge of the Sith - very decent prequel to A New Hope (but very tired of Yoda's schtick, I am)

These two were video games with soundtracks and some dialogue, not movies IMO:

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

BTW: Saw ROTS Saturday afternoon and the theatre was only about 20% full. It is worth seeing again, especially at a matinee price!  :doh:

342269[/snapback]

word...