Dope Video on OL - Josh Allens brilliant blocking scheme

JerseyBills

I've noticed teams implementing the wide 9 look and the way we combat that is pretty brilliant.  Wonder if Kromer is responsible. Haven't looked at previous years.

Basically we're a very good unit but not good individually. 

Nice breakdown

Also interesting that he highlighted RT Lael Collins as an example from another team and saying that they trust him and he's elite on that lil island.  Huge loss for them we must exploit

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Interesting.  If this is true I wonder if this is the deliberate strategy of Kromer/McDermott?  If it is, once again it underscores how so much is put on Allen.

Not many qbs can be as accurate or as reliable on rollouts as Allen is.  He has made quite a few incredible plays notably the td as time expired in the first half.

And Josh”s roll outs naturally the will increase his time to throw, once again it is all on him,

15 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

True.  I just hope (as I guess we all do) that they invest in the OL this draft.  Protect the damn Franchise!

Ya I'd like to see G with the 32nd pick of the draft. 

Actually 31st because Mia lost a pick, correct right?

Idk how that works but assuming rd 1 will only be 31 picks. Either way,  that's a perfect time to grab an elite Guard

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

One of them could have played OG. 

Ya was thinking the same 

Edited by JerseyBills

Watched this last night.  Pretty cool stuff.  Also pretty sad. 

Kromer- “Hey coach, all of our OLmen suck and can’t pass protect worth a dam.  How about he just let them by on the inside, that way Josh has a chance to get outside the pocket and make a play”

McD-  /claps

• Haha (+1) 2

Kromer and McD are such good coaches in they not only hide deficiencies, but also utilize Allen’s superior ability to roll out in either direction.  Several top flight

right handed QB’s have less proficiency with rolling to his left, but not Josh with the strength of his arm.

In addition, they design RB, WR, and TE routes that capitalize three options to the side of the field they want.  This is one reason why I believe we will win a close, very close game against the Bengals.  They are getting a lot of hype from the pundits, but we’ll see tomorrow night.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Kromer and McD are such good coaches in they not only hide deficiencies, but also utilize Allen’s superior ability to roll out in either direction.  Several top flight

right handed QB’s have less proficiency with rolling to his left, but not Josh with the strength of his arm.

In addition, they design RB, WR, and TE routes that capitalize three options to the side of the field they want.  This is one reason why I believe we will win a close, very close game against the Bengals.  They are getting a lot of hype from the pundits, but we’ll see tomorrow night.

I think we can win comfortably if our run gm shows up. Should be able to abuse their pass D. 

I hope Poyer plays, thatd be a big L vs them

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

I think we can win comfortably if our run gm shows up. Should be able to abuse their pass D. 

I hope Poyer plays, thatd be a big L vs them

JB, that’s a good point on Poyer.  If he comes out as doubtful, we’ll need to worry.  Questionable is a likely we can get him out there.  We also have Tre gaining his skills back with each week which is a big add to Taron, one of these NB in the league.

Im wondering though if we use Elam more as man coverage with WR3 or Dane.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.