Cole situation

Italian Bills

9 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Bills fans when the old washed up has been turns out to actually be an old washed up has been

image.png.fba210065ff1d81fe84681e8b309e354.png

To be clear cole was not washed up whenever he left and the numbers reflect that

He was beat up, just like he is at the end of every season

Now he hasn’t been doing football activity all year but is healthy

If they’re going to use them, though, I wish that they would actually use him

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

To be clear cole was not washed up whenever he left and the numbers reflect that

Yes he has. My guess is that the offensive game plan due to the weather in the last two games didn't provide a lot of opportunities to use them. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes he has. My guess is that the offensive game plan due to the weather in the last two games didn't provide a lot of opportunities to use them. 

What football activity has Cole been doing all year? I hear that he’s been playing basketball, but that doesn’t equate to being ready for football shape

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What football activity has Cole been doing all year? I hear that he’s been playing basketball, but that doesn’t equate to being ready for football shape

He spent time on the Bucs practice squad and was activated for two games. He left them because he felt he wasn't getting enough practice time with Brady to get on the same page with routes. 

35 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Once October ended last year, so did Cole having Cole type games. He was below average after that.

The beginning of November is not the end of the season and 2021 proved to be his final complete year. Last year's 1st half of the season Cole Beasley looked far different than 2nd half of the season Cole Beasley. I'm glad we didn't bring him back for the whole year, I don't think he would've made it the whole year, but equally as glad they brought him back for the final stretch of the year. A no lose situation for both.

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Once October ended last year, so did Cole having Cole type games. He was below average after that.

The beginning of November is not the end of the season and 2021 proved to be his final complete year. Last year's 1st half of the season Cole Beasley looked far different than 2nd half of the season Cole Beasley. I'm glad we didn't bring him back for the whole year, I don't think he would've made it the whole year, but equally as glad they brought him back for the final stretch of the year. A no lose situation for both.

cole was also injured at that time

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Third I’m not trying to pick a fight here but didn’t that happened at the beginning of the year what has he been doing all year that would be football related

I'm not trying to pick a fight either but you stated above that "Now he hasn’t been doing football activity all year but is healthy". I believe that when the Bills decided to pick up WR's late in the year and put them on the practice squad that familiarity with the system & terminology was important for them. Being in top football shape wasn't needed as Brown & Beasley aren't going to be on the field the whole game. 

6 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

He still had 82 catches last year.

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

cole was also injured at that time

For 3 months? Come on now, I don't doubt he could've been injured late in October, but he was a shell of himself right through the end of January. What was this injury that lingered for 60% of the year. There's talk Hyde might be back in 3 months and he had spinal fusion. I don't buy an injury made him play like that for that time. That's wishful thinking there John.

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'm not trying to pick a fight either but you stated above that "Now he hasn’t been doing football activity all year but is healthy". I believe that when the Bills decided to pick up WR's late in the year and put them on the practice squad that familiarity with the system & terminology was important for them. Being in top football shape wasn't needed as Brown & Beasley aren't going to be on the field the whole game. 

He still had 82 catches last year.

That wasn't my argument. I acknowledged he had a good 1st half of the year. Pay attention!!

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Maybe it's me but I see a lot of the same routes being run by the Wrs. TY is very experienced and I'm thinking he would have fit in pretty well. He looks decent in Dallas. 

I mean, have you seen how our team handles rookies and new players?  Id be surprised if he seen a handful of snaps.  Dude wouldnt have 1 target here.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

For 3 months? Come on now, I don't doubt he could've been injured late in October, but he was a shell of himself right through the end of January. What was this injury that lingered for 60% of the year. There's talk Hyde might be back in 3 months and he had spinal fusion. I don't buy an injury made him play like that for that time. That's wishful thinking there John.

That wasn't my argument. I acknowledged he had a good 1st half of the year. Pay attention!!

So the question becomes when did he injure his leg that nobody was talking about until after the season was over

We don’t know when it actually happened, and those things tend to linger

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So the question becomes when did he injure his leg that nobody was talking about until after the season was over

We don’t know when it actually happened, and those things tend to linger

What leg injury? The one against the Pats from 2020? I don't recall hearing of a Beasley leg injury last year. I just tried searching Google and the only articles that came up were from 2020 when he fractured his leg againstthe Pats. Not one on a 2021 leg injury. Do you have a link you could share?

EDIT: Found an article saying he hurt his ribs in week 8. This I recall and that doesn't take 3 months to heal, especially when it wasn't bad enough to miss any time.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

46 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

82 catches is a great amount for the whole year. He didn't all of a sudden have a big drop off mid season but he did struggle with injuries and his yards per catch was down from previous years. My guess is that he went down before getting hit to avoid further injury. Regardless, knock off the comments like pay attention as if I'm your 4th grade student. Furthermore, when you can't make your case without twisting your comments into a pretzel then you make other people think that your opinions regarding Beasley are based on something other than his play on the field.

This thread is embarrassing.

The guy had 83 catches, like double (season-adjusted) what anyone will have as "the #2" this year, yet he had a bad season last year.

Just ridiculous.  Stop with the inane comments about this our that...players (especially those making tough yards over the middle) get hurt, and the ones ACTUALLY PRODUCING deserve our respect.  

This team has not replaced Beasley's production this year, simple fact...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.