Cody Ford: Dumpster Fire

Snappysnackcakes

13 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Big miss by all GM's on DK when the analytics showed he graded out pretty much exactly the same as Julio Jones. An absolute physical specimen of pure athleticism. A total no brainer and instead the Bills traded UP for a T that was too slow for the position and was expected to need to move to G at the pro level. But I love when fans say we aren't allowed to criticize the picks because the scouts know more than we do

It wasn’t just Beane though… He went at the end of the 2nd so nearly every team passed on DK - including some who drafted receivers like JJ Arcega Whiteside and Andy Isabella over him.  There were some concerns with how Metcalf would transition to the NFL.  

Obviously selecting Cody Ford was a terrible terrible pick but I don’t think DK was as sure of a pick as you make him out to be.  Fans wanted him because he was big, fast and ridiculously jacked.

15 hours ago, Rigotz said:

For those not watching Monday Night Football, Cody Ford is getting annihilated all game.

Bad pick by Beane.

But excellent move to admit defeat and recoup a 5th rounder while he still had some perceived value.

,Hindsight is 20/20.  He was a well respected O lineman coming out in the draft.  It is up to the guys to make the next step in the NFL.   Ford just can not get it together.  I give Beane a pass on this pick.

4 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Agree with everything except Oliver who is a force.  I remember too many Bills defenses who gave up free yardage up the middle to not appreciate him.

I would really like to agree with you because I really want to see Oliver be a consistent, disruptive force.  But he just vanishes for long stretches.

6 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

His weight has really ballooned and not in a good way.  Almost felt sorry for him watching him play last night.  

Poor guy. Already in his upper 20’s and a millionaire by doing a job he’s not very good at.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.