Joe Marino gives the PERFECT explanation of what’s going on with the Bills but most importantly WHY!

StHustle

We went through the same troubles in 2021 and 2020. That’s not to say what is happening now is okay though or that it is not an issue.

Bills have a very good chance of not obtaining the #1 seed yet again due to these October-November struggles. 

I think the key is the Bills need to at least get the #2 seed. It will probably come down to winning the division or not.  I would worry about this team coming out of a first round bye so maybe not having the #1 seed is a blessing. But at least get the #2 so we have the best chance possible at three straight home games if the #1 seed is upset.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

If Josh started to feel his UCL bothering him in the Packers game, why would he mention it?   QBs often hide injuries as best they can so opponents don't take advantage of them.   

Yes of course. But the facts are he injured it during the Jets game. That has been documented..essentially by JA and the Bills. Otherwise your just speculating. 

10 hours ago, JustHewIt said:

We're in a mini slump, that's obvious, but we're WINNING.

The chiefs struggled to beat a few teams and lost to the colts.

The eagles have struggled to beat teams and lost to Washington by more than all of our losses combined.

Dallas, Baltimore, Miami, Minnesota.... Show me the team that never struggles, and then take the state of our defense into account.

Are you saying that last two games where we had one total practice and played twice in five days on the road are more representative of this team than our impressive wins?

You don't think Edmunds, Elam, Groot, von, Hyde, Tre would help with those tackling issues? Dream on man

I never said the wins weren't impressive. I said the sloppy tacking will MATTER against the top tier teams in the NFL.  They can get away with slop against the Browns and Lions.  Where in any of my posts did I say the wins were NOT good?

It appears reading comprehension isn't your thing.  

On 11/24/2022 at 11:21 PM, StHustle said:

So many Bills fans are behaving like spoiled Pats fans who feel they should dominate every week despite the reality of the circumstances.

Sad but accurate.

What "worried" me about the first half of the Browns game and all game against the Lions, is that the Bills look on par with those teams, just slightly better. While even in the 3 losses, they clearly were the better team overall, and these losses had a "fluke" aspect to them.

In all the critics, I think that Dorsey has become predictable is the correct one. He started great but he has become a weakness. McD has to help him to turn this around. It's only his first year as OC after all. And Daboll's plays are there for him to choose from.

On 11/24/2022 at 8:06 PM, StHustle said:

Joe Marino posts a ton of content but his postgame pod for the Bills Lions Thanksgiving game deserves it’s own thread.

So many members of the Mafia are upset, confused, and discouraged right now. The way he breaks down exactly what’s going on is masterful and he hits the nail on the head on point after point. 

One of his firsts points is simply the fact that Josh has had only a few practices for these last 3 games starting with just one limited practice before the Vikings game. How the lack of practice sessions have stunted the ability to get Hines installed in the offense properly. How, despite how none of us are in love with the way the Bills offense or Josh is playing right now, we still rank #2 in the league in average points and yards per game over these last 3 ugly games.

He touches on so much more including a lot dealing with the defense and most key players individually. I love his perspective and feel most Bills fans would appreciate this content.

Listen to him regularly. He's one of the most knowledgeable Bills person out there. The guy is very fair with his takes and breakdowns. 

On 11/26/2022 at 5:56 AM, RunTheBall said:

This is a Dorsey get right game in my opinion.

He’s finally got a normal number of practice days to install a NE specific game plan and it’s time to start putting it together attacking their weaknesses and avoiding their strengths. I think NE’s LB’s are garbage. They are slow, not instinctive and can be easily manipulated. I expect to see a lot of short/intermediate stuff over the middle. If the Hoodie is stupid enough to play McKenzie man to man again just keep feeding him the ball on crossers. Get Cook and Hines out of the backfield into the middle. Get Knox down the seam. Their strength is in their D-line and their safeties so running to the edges and play-action are huge. Judon has been a beast this year, need to have a plan for him even though he usually blows against Buffalo. Barmore is out so the O-line should be able to hold up a bit assuming they are healthy.

I’ve been getting lower and lower on Dorsey as the year has gone on despite the gaudy stats. I hope he proves me wrong and starts growing into this job. He’s relying on Josh to just make stuff up and make tight window throws on every play. He needs to evolve his scheme to take advantage of NE’s obvious defensive weaknesses. I expect to see a different game plan from The Hoodie this year and it’s going to be a tight game.

Agree on a tight game here. As for Dorsey and his game plan I remain skeptical. He doesn't seem to go to the type of passing game you are referring to. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/24/2022 at 8:07 PM, GolfandBills said:

In the end it’s all excuses.  31 other NFL teams don’t care about our injuries or lack of practice 

The point is, while we have struggled, it’s not as bad as many here make it out to be. While also a acknowledging the very things that have contributed to our struggles (because there are reasons why). Even with our struggles, we still have a top offense/defense. Which means, once/if the team can overcome the struggles, we will be in really good shape. 

About the other 31 NFL teams. At times all teams struggle (aka excuses as you call it). Many of the struggles teams endure is related to injuries, but not all. The point is, when struggles occur, it’s good to understand why (root cause and contributing factors) because there are reasons for everything. 

Your comment provides absolutely no value, or contribution to the thread. What you call excuses are in fact contributing factors towards our team not performing up to their standard that we were accustomed to. It’s worth talking about, especially on a forum dedicated to Bills football. If you have nothing to contribute it’s better to move on and say nothing. Instead posting as a grumpy/negative person doesn’t do any good for this forum or yourself. You just look dumb. 

31 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Sad but accurate.

What "worried" me about the first half of the Browns game and all game against the Lions, is that the Bills look on par with those teams, just slightly better. While even in the 3 losses, they clearly were the better team overall, and these losses had a "fluke" aspect to them.

In all the critics, I think that Dorsey has become predictable is the correct one. He started great but he has become a weakness. McD has to help him to turn this around. It's only his first year as OC after all. And Daboll's plays are there for him to choose from.

Note also that the Bills have Mike Shula and Joe Brady on staff - two coaches with OC experience who presumably are resources Dorsey can draw from

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.