Jump to content

Von Miller knee injury (update - ACL intact, awaiting diagnosis on lateral meniscus)


YoloinOhio
 Share

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

 

And not to pick on you specifically, but this is exactly the sort of reaction that I referenced above, In re: my (to me) not at all controversial comments that the Bills could realistically miss the playoffs.  To me, it's a cold hard statistical way of looking at the world as overlapping probability ranges and recognizing changed circumstances (Allen's injury, Dawkinsn injury, potentially losing Von Miller for the rest of the season) that can change expectationsbuilt from past performance.

 

To you, it apparently becomes very personal.  Anyone who thinks that way has a personality flaw - they are a "Concern Queen" and must be personally attacked for their POV as "spending all their energy worrying".  Moreover they are DEMANDING that EVERYONE accept their WORST FEARS, not merely explaining the way they see it, take it or leave it.

 

Dude, no one here is demanding a thing, not even a moment of time to try to understand another POV - you can always skate right on past it or even block the person expressing it and never see it at all.

 

But it would be nice to refrain from making it personal by casting it as a personality trait or flaw affecting someone's entire life.  You're welcome to disagree, of course.

 

You're a rational, level headed poster. Even when you disagree, you have reasons that are well thought out as to why. You are not one of the myriad of harpies to whom my post references. 

 

But I will take issue with something here. Yes, not only is being a Bills fan an emotional commitment, I contend that we actually have the ability to effect the game (to some degree). I have zero mathematical evidence to present. This is a purely instinctual and emotional belief. But I very much believe in home field advantage and the ability of the crowd to lift the team. And I take issue with the weak spirited contingent of Bills fans who do in fact project their fears about the worst possible outcome into the future as soon as the going gets tough... These are the contingent of people who were among the group of idiots who showed up at the airport to welcome the team back from the AFCG loss at KC and chanted "0-4! 0-4!" at the team at 4am... I digress... 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

Show your work.

.ecnamrofrep tsap morf tliubsnoitatcepxe egnahc nac taht )nosaes eht fo tser eht rof relliM noV gnisol yllaitnetop ,yrujni nsnikwaD ,yrujni s'nellA( secnatsmucric degnahc gnizingocer dna segnar ytilibaborp gnippalrevo sa dlrow eht ta gnikool fo yaw lacitsitats drah dloc a s'ti ,em oT  .sffoyalp eht ssim yllacitsilaer dluoc slliB eht taht stnemmoc laisrevortnoc lla ta ton )em ot( ym :er nI ,evoba decnerefer I taht noitcaer fo tros eht yltcaxe si siht tub ,yllacificeps uoy no kcip ot ton dnA

 

.ti evael ro ti ekat ,ti ees yeht yaw eht gninialpxe ylerem ton ,SRAEF TSROW rieht tpecca ENOYREVE taht GNIDNAMED era yeht revoeroM  ."gniyrrow ygrene rieht lla gnidneps" sa VOP rieht rof dekcatta yllanosrep eb tsum dna "neeuQ nrecnoC" a era yeht - walf ytilanosrep a sah yaw taht skniht ohw enoynA  .lanosrep yrev semoceb yltnerappa ti ,uoy oT

 

.lla ta ti ees reven dna ti gnisserpxe nosrep eht kcolb neve ro ti tsap no thgir etaks syawla nac uoy - VOP rehtona dnatsrednu ot yrt ot emit fo tnemom a neve ton ,gniht a gnidnamed si ereh eno on ,eduD

 
.course of ,disagree to welcome re'You  .life entire s'someone affecting flaw or trait personality a as it casting by personal it making from refrain to nice be would it But

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

.ecnamrofrep tsap morf tliubsnoitatcepxe egnahc nac taht )nosaes eht fo tser eht rof relliM noV gnisol yllaitnetop ,yrujni nsnikwaD ,yrujni s'nellA( secnatsmucric degnahc gnizingocer dna segnar ytilibaborp gnippalrevo sa dlrow eht ta gnikool fo yaw lacitsitats drah dloc a s'ti ,em oT  .sffoyalp eht ssim yllacitsilaer dluoc slliB eht taht stnemmoc laisrevortnoc lla ta ton )em ot( ym :er nI ,evoba decnerefer I taht noitcaer fo tros eht yltcaxe si siht tub ,yllacificeps uoy no kcip ot ton dnA

 

.ti evael ro ti ekat ,ti ees yeht yaw eht gninialpxe ylerem ton ,SRAEF TSROW rieht tpecca ENOYREVE taht GNIDNAMED era yeht revoeroM  ."gniyrrow ygrene rieht lla gnidneps" sa VOP rieht rof dekcatta yllanosrep eb tsum dna "neeuQ nrecnoC" a era yeht - walf ytilanosrep a sah yaw taht skniht ohw enoynA  .lanosrep yrev semoceb yltnerappa ti ,uoy oT

 

.lla ta ti ees reven dna ti gnisserpxe nosrep eht kcolb neve ro ti tsap no thgir etaks syawla nac uoy - VOP rehtona dnatsrednu ot yrt ot emit fo tnemom a neve ton ,gniht a gnidnamed si ereh eno on ,eduD

 
.course of ,disagree to welcome re'You  .life entire s'someone affecting flaw or trait personality a as it casting by personal it making from refrain to nice be would it But

 

.snoitcaer "gnihtyreve tuoba gniyrrow efil ruoy sdneps ylbaborp ohw neeuQ nrecnoC tsimissep tsitaefed a tsuj er'uoy" ,snoitcaer krofhctiP dna raT elbatciderp eht evah ew neht dnA

 

.ssenisub fo erac ekat dna tsujda dna nwod remmah retteb slliB eht ,teb erus a ton si sffoyalp eht gnikam ,oN - yug emas eht ton dna yrujni morf kcab yaw sih gnikrow llits nellA ,semag elpuoc a rof snikwaD on ylbissop ,relliM noV on ,etunim a tiaw yas ohw elpoep elpuoc a evah eW

 

don dna elims elpoep tsom dna "sffoyalp eht rof kcab mih teg ll'ew dna yrotcejart L/W suoiverp rieht no eunitnoc lliw slliB eht tub ,nosaes raluger eht fo tser eht ssim ylbaborp lliw reyalp evisnefed tseb ruO" si ohw yug a evah eW  

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

.snoitcaer "gnihtyreve tuoba gniyrrow efil ruoy sdneps ylbaborp ohw neeuQ nrecnoC tsimissep tsitaefed a tsuj er'uoy" ,snoitcaer krofhctiP dna raT elbatciderp eht evah ew neht dnA

 

.ssenisub fo erac ekat dna tsujda dna nwod remmah retteb slliB eht ,teb erus a ton si sffoyalp eht gnikam ,oN - yug emas eht ton dna yrujni morf kcab yaw sih gnikrow llits nellA ,semag elpuoc a rof snikwaD on ylbissop ,relliM noV on ,etunim a tiaw yas ohw elpoep elpuoc a evah eW

 

don dna elims elpoep tsom dna "sffoyalp eht rof kcab mih teg ll'ew dna yrotcejart L/W suoiverp rieht no eunitnoc lliw slliB eht tub ,nosaes raluger eht fo tser eht ssim ylbaborp lliw reyalp evisnefed tseb ruO" si ohw yug a evah eW  




ehehhgwifvnurjevefl  w;jfw;jwpjwopv    wefwkef[wejf

  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

 

You're a rational, level headed poster. Even when you disagree, you have reasons that are well thought out as to why. You are not one of the myriad of harpies to whom my post references. 

 

But I will take issue with something here. Yes, not only is being a Bills fan an emotional commitment, I contend that we actually have the ability to effect the game (to some degree). I have zero mathematical evidence to present. This is a purely instinctual and emotional belief. But I very much believe in home field advantage and the ability of the crowd to lift the team. And I take issue with the weak spirited contingent of Bills fans who do in fact project their fears about the worst possible outcome into the future as soon as the going gets tough... These are the contingent of people who were among the group of idiots who showed up at the airport to welcome the team back from the AFCG loss at KC and chanted "0-4! 0-4!" at the team at 4am... I digress...

 

I see your point, and certainly why one would spend literally hundreds if not thousands of dollars to attend one's teams game but not cheer for them full-throatedly, I have no idea. 

 

Even less idea why someone would show up at 4 am to dunk on the team.  That's definite "get a life - rent one if you can't buy!" territory.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

 

I've already said that I don't think we can productively discuss this.  It's as though we speak different languages.  "It's defeatist pessimism" is an example. 

 

I'm not making it personal or emotional, no idea where that is coming from, I am making it about the statistics. We are 2 games ahead of our competition for wild card. If it was reversed you'd be arguing we are all but eliminated. I know many people were arguing that way after the Bucs/Pats loss last year after losing the AFC East lead for a bit.

 

We lose Von Miller for a few weeks hopefully, but we get Tre White back. Things change, crap happens, and its cool to discuss but the constant building up of opposing teams while discounting ours and our accomplishments gets old and yes is defeatist pessimism.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...