(OT) Homer Simpson vs. Peter Griffin...

They're both hilarious imo. Homer is classic, but Peter can be a lot less PC and totally random. Based on how unfunny the Simpsons are now, I give my nod to Peter Griffin, although early 90's Homer is one of the greatest characters of all time.

It's a tough call, Peter is much funnier right now than Homer but back in the beginning years of the Simpsons, Homer was probably funnier overall. I have to agree that Stewie is funnier than Bart but the Simpsons set the stage for shows like The Family Guy to be successful. The Simpsons is an all time classic but for overall Non-PC humor, The Family Guy might be one of the funniest shows of all time.

All time = EASILY Homer Simpson. The episode where he is in space and ends up smashing the experimental ant colony or tries to fight with the inatimate carbon rod are some of the funniest moments in television history.

However, The Simpsons has gone on far too long. It should have ended a good 5 years ago, and yet it keeps chugging along.

Peter Griffin is absolutely hilarious too though...just not as good as Classic Homer.

Right now, Peter Griffin.

The Simpsons have looked especially tired in their last half-dozen episodes, but the one with Ray Romano was actually pretty good.

I was afraid Family Guy would have slipped with the three-year layoff. But the show hasn't missed a beat. Sunday's was the best of the three they've aired since Family Guy returned.

Mike

I'll go with Homer because he might be the main character on the show. Peter is funny, but it's Stewie and the dog that makes the show great.

I do agree that the Simpsons have gone on way too long. Lisa and Bart should be married with kids by now.

Homer is the winner. Peter and Homer are completely different, so you it's hard to compare. Give Family Guy some time. I'm really starting to like that show.

My favorite episode is when Stewie shrinks down and enters Peter to make sure there are no more babies. Pure genius.

Right now, Peter Griffin.

The Simpsons have looked especially tired in their last half-dozen episodes, but the one with Ray Romano was actually pretty good.

I was afraid Family Guy would have slipped with the three-year layoff.  But the show hasn't missed a beat.  Sunday's was the best of the three they've aired since Family Guy returned.

Mike

339519[/snapback]

The Keebler elf thingy was funny as hell. My stomach still hurts.

When they first came on I didn't like The Family Guy, but in the past month I've been watching it on Cartoon Network at 11:30pm and I have found a new appreciation for it. I think it's more politically incorrect and shocking than the Simpsons. I find it interesting that while Fox has some of the most low-brow and offensive (not to me) shows, FoxNews will often have commentary about the lowering of values and the effect of television on society. Strange bedfellows.

Homer in his prime was funnier, but the simpsons has been in decline for the last couple years. but then again a declining simpsons is better than 95% of what else is on TV

right now peter griffin is way funnier and stewie could kick bart's ass