Brandon Beane on SiriusXM NFL Radio Movin' the Chains yesterday (11/2/2022)

chongli

On 11/3/2022 at 5:19 PM, WotAGuy said:

This is a trip!

I can't believe question values started at $10!! And they had a curtain uncover the board!

[Also, sorry for replying so late and bumping this thread. I saw your post right away, but was in a place where I couldn't listen to the clip. I meant to respond at home later, but just got really busy.]

On 11/3/2022 at 5:53 PM, Gen2 said:

I have thought a minute, to have a bell cow running back, you have to give him touches.

Henry 166 carries

Barkley 163 carries

McCaffrey 111 carries

Taylor 107 carries

Kamara 95 carries

Singletary 71 carries

Who knows how much better (or worse) Singletary would be if the Bills doubled his carries.

As far as deleting Allen's strengths, for every carry you give to the running back you have to take away a passing play.

Well taking away the passing plays, from this past game would been a good adjustment from the oc  when it was obvious Josh was not having a good day.  Perhaps if they got chunk plays from running backs or even develop a reliable screen game then Josh would have more choices when things aren't clicking with the passing game.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/3/2022 at 1:13 PM, Gen2 said:

IMHO, as long as the team is constructed to be a "pass first" team I don't think we will ever get that dominant running back of which you speak. Josh is that guy who opposing teams have to account for as the "running back" who will spoil your day when a play breaks down (I just wish they'd cut down on the designed QB runs with the exception of an occasional QB sneak when appropriate).

I saw a meme somewhere, and I'm just too lazy to look it up to see if it's true, that the Bills are the only team in the NFL that has gained 100+ yards on the ground in every game this season. If that is in fact true, our running game is just fine.

This is my greatest fear.  Dorsey follows the Daboll trend of over using Josh. Right up to the point where he gets hurt and we lose him for several games. Is he capable of being 95% of the offense....yes.  Should he be doing it...no.

• Agree 1

On 11/3/2022 at 3:13 PM, Gen2 said:

IMHO, as long as the team is constructed to be a "pass first" team I don't think we will ever get that dominant running back of which you speak. Josh is that guy who opposing teams have to account for as the "running back" who will spoil your day when a play breaks down (I just wish they'd cut down on the designed QB runs with the exception of an occasional QB sneak when appropriate).

I saw a meme somewhere, and I'm just too lazy to look it up to see if it's true, that the Bills are the only team in the NFL that has gained 100+ yards on the ground in every game this season. If that is in fact true, our running game is just fine.

We get many those yards from Allen runnig.

On 11/3/2022 at 4:13 PM, Gen2 said:

That’s an insane stat that I never would’ve guessed. 

On 11/3/2022 at 5:53 PM, Gen2 said:

I have thought a minute, to have a bell cow running back, you have to give him touches.

Henry 166 carries

Barkley 163 carries

McCaffrey 111 carries

Taylor 107 carries

Kamara 95 carries

Singletary 71 carries

Who knows how much better (or worse) Singletary would be if the Bills doubled his carries.

As far as deleting Allen's strengths, for every carry you give to the running back you have to take away a passing play.

Might I suggest a "running Game" that does not include too much of Allen.

I think Dorsey needs to balance the offense for many reasons. Especially thinking long term.

And i do loathe to go there again but... they need a long term holistic investment in the O line besides Dawkins to run a more balanced offense. Focus on that McBeanes !

Not some bellcow and not an OBJ
get the Line sorted for long term along with Josh's next ten + seasons here

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.