Blitz: your thoughts ?

Italian Bills

38 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No actually that is NOT true, it is the direct opposite, he is one of the worst when he gets blitzed.  Having said that, I would blitz UBNLESS we find ourselves behind late in the game.  Our front four will do well and as other have noted, he does poorly when he is pressured without a blitz which is exactly what the bills can provide.

I disagree.  You’re talking about how he has fared when teams, other than the Bills, blitz.  

I’m talking about Wilson vs OUR defense.  Our defense is different.  He’ll be under pressure in 1.5 seconds and he’ll have that amount of time to decide which target is the least covered and hit him with accuracy because we’ll have 7 defenders in coverage.  

50 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

I wonder if Milano or Edmunds possibly being out will affect the number of  blitzes called

Yeah it could but I don't think it'll have much of an affect.  Either way I don't think we'll be sending it very often

I think the game flow will determine how much the Bills blitz.  With problems on the JEST'S o-line, I expect more d-line stunts in passing situations.  They can create the confusion necessary to get a free runner to the QB.  Teams have also confused Wilson with zone blitzes with d-linemen dropping into areas where he wasn't expecting to see coverage.   As others have said, I don't expect the Bills to go crazy with the number of times that they blitz.

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they will blitz Wilson more than they blitzed Rodgers or Mahomes for example.... but I don't expect or even want them to go blitz heavy. 

Might get pressure or sacks with just our DL.  No blitzing will set up our cbs for some ints, and Josh and the offense will keep the Jets pressing to score to keep up.  I don't see Wilson going toe to toe with Allen so I'm not concerned and I doubt they will need to blitz don't think they have the players to keep up.

I think that sending some blitz during the game could create some trouble to their defense, not many, just some and if you see that it works, then increase the number of them. 

Stay always pat with our front four pressure, even if successful, long term can become predictable and give others D coordinators chance to find solutions at that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.