Dolphins v Titans...Tape Delay

Thailog80

The game will be live in Miami and Tenn area markets and live audio through NFL.com but will be shown on Sunday at 1PM via tape delay. WTF? Yeah I know if it were the Bills playing on Saturday I could not watch TV, listen to the radio or use the computer and wait until Sunday to watch the game...... :unsure: I would be outraged as a fin fan.

Tennis......thanks CBS I hope the NFL remembers that during contract time.

Sponsors sign up for certain events and the slot is already etched in stone with the U.S. Open, which does generate good ratings. Even if it was SEC football, I doubt CBS would budge for a single NFL contest with only regional appeal.

25270[/snapback]

Doesnt the NFL have its own network? You would think the NFL could do something for it's fans. Anyone think for a second if it were a Pats game it would be tape delayed until Sunday?

Wait a minute, so this means that its still the national game, even though we already know the outcome? :unsure: That sucks! I was hoping I might be able to see the Bills. At least put a different game on, why the hell would anyone want to see a game they already know the outcome of unless you are a fan of one of those teams? A general NFL fan wouldn't want to see a game he already knew what happened. If I see that game on Sunday, I have one thing to say to CBS... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: !

Wait a minute, so this means that its still the national game, even though we already know the outcome? :unsure:  That sucks!  I was hoping I might be able to see the Bills.  At least put a different game on, why the hell would anyone want to see a game they already know the outcome of unless you are a fan of one of those teams?  A general NFL fan wouldn't want to see a game he already knew what happened.  If I see that game on Sunday, I have one thing to say to CBS... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: !

25330[/snapback]

Yeah and do you really think that a die hard fan will want to not know the outcome of the game and wait until Sunday? Its pure bull stevestojan.

I'm sure the ratings will be really high for that if they put it on tape delay. :unsure: I know that was the scheduled game for CBS here in Greensboro, it would be a stevestojany thing to put on when there are LIVE games going on elsewhere.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: CBS

"The sold-out game will be televised live in the Miami and Tennessee home territories by CBS. Live game audio will be available on NFL.com. The game can be seen outside of the Miami and Tennessee markets via NFL's Sunday Ticket on DirecTV on a delayed basis on Sunday at 1 p.m. ET." - as per NFL.com.

Hey fellas, read the whole thing before you start getting pissed. Just some folks posting bits and pieces without the whole story. The game is not going to be shown nationally on tape delay Sunday.

I'm sure the ratings will be really high for that if they put it on tape delay.  :unsure:  I know that was the scheduled game for CBS here in Greensboro, it would be a stevestojany thing to put on when there are LIVE games going on elsewhere.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: CBS

25340[/snapback]

Just go to the local Bills backer bar.

The kicker here in South Florida would be if they show it live Saturday, then still carry it here as the national game Sunday also!

I'll still be at my local Bills bar Rooties watching the Bills play regardless.

The question is....will ESPN Sportscenter or any other media be able to show game highlights on Saturday night?.....or will it be one of those exclusivity things (like the Olympics) whereby no one can show highlights until after the delayed broadcast on Sunday afternoon? That would be stupid.

"The sold-out game will be televised live in the Miami and Tennessee home territories by CBS. Live game audio will be available on NFL.com. The game can be seen outside of the Miami and Tennessee markets via NFL's Sunday Ticket on DirecTV on a delayed basis on Sunday at 1 p.m. ET." - as per NFL.com.

It will not be televised nationally on CBS.