Bills @ Lions - Thanksgiving game - Tailgate/Pregame?

rayray808

Decided to surprise my Dad and fly him and I up to Detroit for the big game. We are both from Hawaii, me being a Bills fan and him being a Lions fan.

Was hoping to lean on people in this group in regards to cool stuff to do pre-game or maybe even post game?

We fly in that morning and plan to check into a room, drop off bags, and Uber straight to the stadium or any cool events.

Mafia... where you guys at?

• Like (+1) 1

That's awesome! 

My family lives in Chicago and I also surprised them with tickets and we'll be up there the day before I think. My parents are older so they aren't up for how cold it'll probably be in Chicago when the Bills come in during Christmastime.

I've also never been to Detroit before though and would love some insights if anyone has any. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

My wife and I live across the Border and are heading over Wednesday. We are going to stay at the Detroit Foundation Hotel although you can find much closer places to to the Stadium to stay. 

I think there is a Bills tailgate pregame which you can purchase tickets to the tailgate. FansofBuffalo.com We are not sure if we are going to do that yet, It doesn’t look like Tickets for just the tailgate are  for sale yet. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'll be there too...last time I was at a Bills game in Detroit was in 2006 and there was tailgating all over in the various lots.  Downtown stadium, so the parking is spread out a bit.  We always park in the Greektown area for Tigers games (the stadiums are across the street from each other) and it is a short walk from there...you shouldn't have a problem finding Bills fans.  Greektown is also a good spot to eat and drink pre/post-game.  Fishbones is my personal favourite.

My 20 year old son (junior at Kansas University) and I will be there.  Our third Bills Thanksgiving sojourn in four years (Dallas, New Orleans and Detroit).  This is his standard Christmas gift now.  We are staying near the stadium Wednesday night to Friday and then back to Minnesota to watch his little brothers in hockey tournaments....A cool weekend.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Buffalo should do something special. A downtown Thanksgiving Bills Bash. Projector screens everywhere, lots of food and WNYers being thankful and enjoying our good football fortune. Game immediately follows the parade, so there’s some logistics to work through. End the parade at the T-giving Tailgate!

For those of you coming to Detroit, be aware downtown will be busy as the Thanksgiving Day Parade starts at 10am. You can download the Parkwiz app and reserve a parking spot in advance for the game. Spots next to Ford Field going for $100 plus. $30+ for spots with a 15-20 minute walk. No decent mass transit options in Detroit to use for the game.

3 hours ago, LittleSammy said:

For those of you coming to Detroit, be aware downtown will be busy as the Thanksgiving Day Parade starts at 10am. You can download the Parkwiz app and reserve a parking spot in advance for the game. Spots next to Ford Field going for $100 plus. $30+ for spots with a 15-20 minute walk. No decent mass transit options in Detroit to use for the game.

Wife and I are going to make the trip.  Do you have a suggestion on what time to arrive to avoid bad traffic if parking at one of the outlying spots?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.