Caring about outcomes - Division leaders vs. our Division

BillsFan619

I’m finding myself caring more about the outcomes of division leaders or potential division leaders than teams in our own division.

Now, don’t take this too far (we have some bills fans on here that like to take thoughts to the extreme). I still care about the outcomes of our division teams as well. I just don’t see winning the division as much of an issue as getting the #1 seed. That’s the level that the bills are on now and I also believe we’ll take care of business when we play our division.

I’ve even found myself a couple/few times this year wanting a division team to win over another division leader so that the division leader would have a worse record and make it harder to get the top seed over the bills. And of course, the Bills currently have a good starting lead from their own doing as well because of who they’ve beat along with their 5-1 record.

Any of you having similar thoughts or do you always root against division teams no matter what?

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Agree 2

In the “caring about outcomes” category I’m rooting for the Ravens and Titans to win their respective divisions.  Both of those teams can at least pose some sort of threat to KC.  Cinci is showing signs of life but their remaining schedule is brutal.  The rest of the AFC is mediocre at best — and that includes our AFCE rivals.

The Bills just need to continue to take care of business.  The next KC-BUF game needs to be in OP.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

I’m finding myself caring more about the outcomes of division leaders or potential division leaders than teams in our own division.

Now, don’t take this too far (we have some bills fans on here that like to take thoughts to the extreme). I still care about the outcomes of our division teams as well. I just don’t see winning the division as much of an issue as getting the #1 seed. That’s the level that the bills are on now and I also believe we’ll take care of business when we play our division.

I’ve even found myself a couple/few times this year wanting a division team to win over another division leader so that the division leader would have a worse record and make it harder to get the top seed over the bills. And of course, the Bills currently have a good starting lead from their own doing as well because of who they’ve beat along with their 5-1 record.

Any of you having similar thoughts or do you always root against division teams no matter what?

This is true. Paradoxically In strength of schedule deciders you actually want your division foes to have good records because it makes your sos better. As long as you finish ahead of them it’s irrelevant what they do. I would be ok with the jets to get in the wildcard ahead of the chargers or Browns. 

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Barring key guy injuries, it'll be bills  v chiefs at the Ralph for the AFC.  No one else is close.  Hopefully Chiefs get beat up by the Titans in the first round.  

Cinci is playing better as of late.  When their offense is clicking they can be dangerous.  I like our chances of our DL against their O-line.  If we play a 2 deep shell and don't get beat deep by their speed guys, Bills should be able to get to Burrow.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.