Is Tom Brady the best QB in the NFL?

Simon

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's one of them, without question. Excluding that he's just a winner, I am most impressed with his velocity on the ball, meaning throwing it at a different speed, usually the absolutely correct speed, on each different pass. He is rather amazing at floating balls, and lobbing them, and squeezing them into tight spots. The best in the league at that, IMO. He does, however, have a penchant for making bonehead plays at the end as well as great plays. So far, the bounces have gone his way. But the fumble at the end of the game is something he seems to do a lot.

He's one of them, without question. Excluding that he's just a winner, I am most impressed with his velocity on the ball, meaning throwing it at a different speed, usually the absolutely correct speed, on each different pass. He is rather amazing at floating balls, and lobbing them, and squeezing them into tight spots. The best in the league at that, IMO. He does, however, have a penchant for making bonehead plays at the end as well as great plays. So far, the bounces have gone his way. But the fumble at the end of the game is something he seems to do a lot.

25268[/snapback]

He never panics. He's just clutch.

In other words, he's the type of player we'll NEVER see here in Buffalo.

:unsure:

i was skeptical of brady until last season. the way he played last night reminded me. there's no question that he's the most poised, calm, and ACCURATE QB in the league. His passes are RARELY off their mark. He RARELY makes a bad decision. His one INT last night was the fault of a wrong route. He is hardly an athelete yet he's as mobile as any QB. He moves and creates as good as anyone. He sees the field as good or better than anyone. That pass he made across the field to a forgotten and wide open receiver is a pass you'll never see Drew make. Not because he can't throw it, but he wouldn't see it. He wouldn't even think to look that far in the opposite direction. This isn't a knock on Drew as much as it is an elevation of Brady - I also doubt that Manning, McNair, or Pennington would have made that play.

He has the best instincts of any qb playing today, no doubt. He has an uncanny knack for releasing the ball right when he absolutely has to. Bottom line: Brady plays as if the game is moving REALLY slow for him.

It pains me to say so, but I think he's the most valuable QB in the league.

i was skeptical of brady until last season. the way he played last night reminded me. there's no question that he's the most poised, calm, and ACCURATE QB in the league. His passes are RARELY off their mark. He RARELY makes a bad decision. His one INT last night was the fault of a wrong route. He is hardly an athelete yet he's as mobile as any QB. He moves and creates as good as anyone. He sees the field as good or better than anyone. That pass he made across the field to a forgotten and wide open receiver is a pass you'll never see Drew make. Not because he can't throw it, but he wouldn't see it. He wouldn't even think to look that far in the opposite direction. This isn't a knock on Drew as much as it is an elevation of Brady - I also doubt that Manning, McNair, or Pennington would have made that play.

He has the best instincts of any qb playing today, no doubt. He has an uncanny knack for releasing the ball right when he absolutely has to. Bottom line: Brady plays as if the game is moving REALLY slow for him.

It pains me to say so, but I think he's the most valuable QB in the league.

25286[/snapback]

It pains me to, but you are exactly right.

I am hereby on the Tom Brady band wagon. Not that I'm ever going to root for him, I hope he loses the rest of the games this year. But his performance last night was amazing. All this time half of us were saying its the system NE runs that generates his success. I don't think so. There weren't many dink and dunk passes last night. Those were accurate middle distance to long throws. Brady never lost his cool out there. His confidence, his poise, his accuracy were great. I now believe all this talk of him being compared to Joe Montana, because that's exactly who he looks like out there.

It just sucks that he's in our division. :unsure:

I'm a little uncomfortable with the love for Tommy Two Rings here.  Can someone please make a gay joke, or perhaps irrationally defend Bledsoe?  Am I in an alternate universe?  :unsure:

25319[/snapback]

Looks like you're going to have to start posting on a Dolphins board.

Guest Guest_Goo_*

When he doesn't have 8 seconds to throw the ball, he looks very average. Todd Collins could hit a man with 8 seconds to throw the ball.