Kaiir Elam Appreciation Thread

Rigotz

8 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Anybody noticed how we rotated them yesterday?

Since next drive after his INT I am not sure if he was on the field but Benford definitely was.

And then I saw a lot of both Elam, Benford and Jackson too. Were they rotating all 3? Or was Jackson there all the time?

Jackson and Elam started. Benford rotated in a bit first half, then at one point Jackson and Benford were both hurt and Cam Lewis went in! 

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Jackson and Elam started. Benford rotated in a bit first half, then at one point Jackson and Benford were both hurt and Cam Lewis went in! 

Yeah it was something like this, I was just surprised to see Benford on the very next drive after Elam's INT. Also he was there a lot in the 2nd half, or at least that's what I saw. I am rewaching the game right now so I will focus on it.

As for Elam, I am not sure if this was posted:

• Thank you (+1) 1

Elam is going to have his ups and downs throughout the season.  He is a rookie that is learning a lot on the job.  So we get our great moments and occasional struggles as he continues to develop.  Assuming we continue to get healthy as a team (Hello Mr. Tre White), this secondary is going to be disgusting by the end of the season.  It pretty much already is... 

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve been pleased with Elam. I had concerns with his game, but the big caveat was that was based on only one college game where I watched him on every play. One PI and one Holding penalty on him so far. That’s not egregious. He seems a willing tackler too which is good, because there seemed little question of his toughness in general. My guess is that his total unwillingness to tackle in the game I watched was due to him trying to stay healthy for the draft and not an intrinsic trait of his. His play has been solid, which is very good for a rookie playing in his first handful of NFL games. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.