We don't have the mentality to win close games

UKBillFan

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

You know which teams win close games?  The teams who gain momentum late in games ... that's who.

And those teams that keep grinding and didn't give up because it's not pretty.  I like Bills blowing out other teams as everything is more enjoyable when nothing goes wrong.

However, had Goliath defeated David would a large number of people alive today even understand a David and Goliath reference if he had taken care of David as was expected?

No champions are crowned for being victorious against all odds and the best championship teams have alot more ugly wins then pretty ones more often than not.  

Even Josh's perfect game where every drive ending with points save the game ending kneel downs, wasn't pretty every single play.  For the life of me I don't recall any of the negative plays that ultimately had zero impact on the game.   

Only thing that matters is that during that game how do the players respond after any bad plays.   Dolphins couldn't keep responding at the end once the snow was falling they lost their momentum sucked right out by the weather.  Was a fitting contrast to the Miami heatwave game.  

On 9/25/2022 at 4:15 PM, UKBillFan said:

Complete chokers across the board, with no clue how to play when under pressure. Offense was putrid and the play calling little better. Favourites for the Superbowl? Only if the defense is fully fit because the Offense, even with the so called predicted MVP, is not good enough.

ETA 15 minutes later - Won't delete the original post because I have to own it. But now I've calmed down slightly... still annoying. And I think I'll still have doubts about us being able to able to cope with the pressure of a one score game at the death until we win one of them.

happy emoji movie GIF by thisismrmalik

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.