We don't have the mentality to win close games

UKBillFan

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s like you didn’t even watch the game.  We were down FIVE OL including 3 starters.  Lost Knox.  DIGGS was hurting.  

But somehow you only see the defensive injuries?  I mean our backup center cost us a FG at half time which would have been the difference In the game.  

This thread is absurd 

Absurdities? I see that' it's not the heat, its the stupidity. The defensive game plan was on college level save for  a couple of stunts and blitzes, but the lack of anything thoughtful was amazing. It was just plain stupid. They did to us exactly what our game should have been. This staff....or the average Mafioso knew how to defend a team that deserved an ass kicking. While that will have to wait a while, I hope all the snow gets blown to the "visitors" sideline.

Edited by nosejob

58 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Absurdities? I see that' it's not the heat, its the stupidity. The defensive game plan was on college level save for  a couple of stunts and blitzes, but the lack of anything thoughtful was amazing. It was just plain stupid. They did to us exactly what our game should have been. This staff....or the average Mafioso knew how to defend a team that deserved an ass kicking. While that will have to wait a while, I hope all the snow gets blown to the "visitors" sideline.

Bar one busted play the defensive game plan worked fine.

3 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Complete chokers across the board, with no clue how to play when under pressure. Offense was putrid and the play calling little better. Favourites for the Superbowl? Only if the defense is fully fit because the Offense, even with the so called predicted MVP, is not good enough.

ETA 15 minutes later - Won't delete the original post because I have to own it. But now I've calmed down slightly... still annoying. And I think I'll still have doubts about us being able to able to cope with the pressure of a one score game at the death until we win one of them.

🙄

4 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Complete chokers across the board, with no clue how to play when under pressure. Offense was putrid and the play calling little better. Favourites for the Superbowl? Only if the defense is fully fit because the Offense, even with the so called predicted MVP, is not good enough.

ETA 15 minutes later - Won't delete the original post because I have to own it. But now I've calmed down slightly... still annoying. And I think I'll still have doubts about us being able to able to cope with the pressure of a one score game at the death until we win one of them.

DUDE. Can we stop with this lame reasoning? 

Would you rather they lost my 10?

This is not worth a response.  Follow the team, the guys out, and have fruitful reply.  We made mistakes but this is sky is falling.  Just silly.

Immsure if you ever played on a high level team you’d understand.  You’re welcome here as always, just we lost a tough game with more than half our defense out.  

we’re onto Baltimore.  Moving on.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I can pretty much deal with everything that happened in the game but 2 items.

1. 3rd and 22

2. Josh! You gotta make that throw.       to McKenzie.

The dropped passes, the heat, the injuries. It's football.

With that McKenzie throw Josh was gassed. The last time I ever saw Josh Allen gassed was at the end of the Dolphins game when Charles Clay dropped the pass.

Between passing and running he touched the ball 71 TIMES. I'll repeat 71 times when he was guy making the play good or bad in THAT heat and poor protection.

Edited by Protocal69
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Close wins/losses usually comes down to coaching decisions

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Why does it have to be binary? Why does it have to be a case that we can’t have the blowouts in order to win the close games?

Well what if we only won half of those games by fewer points? Then we have 7 wins in blowouts, 7 wins in close games, and 7 losses in close games. Everybody is happy.

Every team has injuries. They’re not an excuse or justification. Bottom line is the Bills had that game but couldn’t execute in the clutch just like other recent, painful losses. The takeaway isn’t injuries, it’s that Bills lost in very billsy fashion and it continues to be a problem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.