Bills Sign ReShard Lee From Dallas

Was reading a couple posts about him on the Cowboys message board, it seems that most wanted him to return, but Parcells didn't like that he was only a excellent runner and returner. His playing time was limited because of fumbling and horrible blocking, but he is definitely a raw project with alot of potential. Most people were suprised he cleared waivers.

335546[/snapback]

Perfect replacement for Travis!

terrence mcgee has to play 16 games at corner now.  vincent played many of thsoe last season.  so terrence has to fresh and we will use others to retunr, regardless of how good he was.  i would rather have him cover fresh and let parish return.  booy april will free guys up with the system anyway.

335548[/snapback]

Well, Vincent got hurt early in game three, and never returned to CB. McGee played 13+ games there as the starter. Parrish is a PR but no KR and even his college coaches didnt want to risk him getting hurt as a KR, I would tend to doubt the pro coaches think differently. Furthermore, watching those returns closely, it was McGee who made lightning quick decisions, cuts and showed tremendous burst and speed far more that great blocking that opened up enormous lanes for him. He will be the KR on this time, without question, IMO.

terrence mcgee has to play 16 games at corner now.  vincent played many of thsoe last season.  so terrence has to fresh and we will use others to retunr, regardless of how good he was.  i would rather have him cover fresh and let parish return.  booy april will free guys up with the system anyway.

335548[/snapback]

Vincent only started the first three games, McGee the other 13 last year and McGee saw plenty of action in those games anyway. So I do not think 'freshness' will be an issue.

look, there again, there are two prangmatic as to why mcgee can't play KR and PR ALL season. 

injury (i.e., see seahorn)

keep him fresh

also, teams will and did kick away from him.  once teams know a guy can run it back, they avoid.  so you have to change it up

335571[/snapback]

1. He doesn't return punts and KO, he is only a KR (at least on the Bills).

2. If the team was worried about him getting injured they would have taken him off the KR unit after he was made the starter. At that point we only had Thomas and rookie UFA Jabari Greer and a safety back there as back-ups.

3. Clements had by far his best season as a CB and he returned punts all season. A lot of starters on other teams are KR and PR guys. These players aren't fresh?

4. They kicked away from him last year? McGee had 52 returns. Fletcher was second with 4. Fast Freddie had 1. The rest were fielded by the wedge guys (but only a few) and on onside kicks. That ain't kicking away from him.

2. If the team was worried about him getting injured they would have taken him off the KR unit after he was made the starter. At that point we only had Thomas and rookie UFA Jabari Greer and a safety back there as back-ups.

3. Clements had by far his best season as a CB and he returned punts all season. A lot of starters on other teams are KR and PR guys. These players aren't fresh?

4. They kicked away from him last year? McGee had 52 returns. Fletcher was second with 4. Fast Freddie had 1. The rest were fielded by the wedge guys (but only a few) and on onside kicks. That ain't kicking away from him.

335585[/snapback]

Agreed to a T! I don't know why some people have to be so smart and read too much into every little thing. McGee is our best KR and he will be performing those same duties next season, period, end of story.

see reply below:

reply - ok, fair enough.

reply - injuries have to be a concern. mcgee was an experiment at corner and he panned out. this season he is the started and penciled in as such, thus he must be protected and fawned over (not used on special teams)

reply - retuning punts is a lot different than returing kick offs. kicks off are the entire field with guys running off the line at full speed with 50 yards to generate speed to crush a returner. to many guys get injured here. punt return duty is sporatic - weather related, and fair catch related. besides, parrish will return now.

reply - they WILL kick away from him THIS year. look at dante hall, one year he is an unknown and they kick to him. after he goes to hawaii - the "cat is out of the bag"

335585[/snapback]

I guess this could be another indication that the Bills might be making McGree strictly a corner and have others handle KR and PR???  Thoughts?

335431[/snapback]

Absolutely man! Haven't you noticed that Nate is being fazed out of punt return duties?

I say it's for the better. Teams have confidence and swagger now. We need our starters to play their positions now and work on that 100%.

What we've lacked on ST before April got here was a better teacher, better blockers, and speed from the return guys.

Don't the Bills plan on using Roscoe on KR or was it just on PR?

ROSCOE P. COE TRAIN,May 13 2005, 07:47 AM]

see reply below:

reply - ok, fair enough.

reply - injuries have to be a concern.  mcgee was an experiment at corner and he panned out.  this season he is the started and penciled in as such, thus he must be protected and fawned over (not used on special teams)

reply - retuning punts is a lot different than returing kick offs.  kicks off are the entire field with guys running off the line at full speed with 50 yards to generate speed to crush a returner.  to many guys get injured here.    punt return duty is sporatic - weather related, and fair catch related.  besides,  parrish will return now. 

reply - they WILL kick away from him THIS year.  look at dante hall, one year he is an unknown and they kick to him.  after he goes to hawaii - the "cat is out of the bag"

2. Your logic doesn't make sense to me. McGee played nickel CB as a rookie and made plays. They were very high on him, the only thing he lacked was experience as he played at a small college. When TV went down, they knew it was a knee injury and he would be out for a long time. We had very little in the back-up dept. What would change this year in the coaches minds that they must protect McGee from injury? That makes no sense. This year we have Greer with an extra year, Vincent if we need him, and King as a draft pick. Much more insurance if McGee goes down. Again, if they were worried about injury, last year was the year they would have protected him.

3. I agree that Parrish will likely be the PR this year but that is not necessarily because Nate could get hurt or needs to be fresh. Nate has problems with the ball at times and Parrish is just as explosive. If Parrish falters, Nate will likely be back, although I liked what I saw from Fast Freddie. Frankly, I don't see any more guys getting hurt on KR rather than PR. Plus, guys don't get hurt for long periods because their legs break in half or they were hit too hard, they get hurt from their legs planting in the turf or twisting in weird ways and there is zero evidence to believe that happens more on KR than PR. They get shaken up and their bells rung perhaps more on KO although I have never seen any stats to back that up. And you see them back there the next KO.

4. You can kick away from a PR easy. You can kick high for fair catches, you can kick OB. It's extremely hard to kick away from a KR if you want that guy to handle the ball. The length of the field (60 yards instead of 40) for the kick, plus the fact there is a huge penalty for OB on a KO makes it virtually impossible. The best you can do is kick short, like the Bills do, and limit the yards on the return. That doesn't usually help your team though because the ball still usually is placed on the 25-35 yard line.

i don't know what's up, but i smell a trade, most likely to philly, for travis. 3rd round pick? corey simon? corey simon and change? who knows, but they clearly are preparing like they don't have travis.

interesting

335437[/snapback]

Let's hope a deal of some sort is in the works.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/397295

Has some size ( only 5-10 but 220 lbs. )  Don't know anything about him. Looked to be the primary kickoff returner for the Cowboys. Front page says he signed a 2 year deal.

335401[/snapback]

He had a couple of decent games about 2 years ago, I think Hambrick was out. Hard to tell with some of these flash in the pan guys....Brock Forsey is another one.

Draft guru Dave Te' Thomas absolutely loved Lee coming out of college in the 2003 draft. He said he had the most potential of any running back after Willis. Thomas went so far as to send his subscribers a videotape of Lee playing RB, returning kicks & playing as a slash QB near the goal line.

He's definitely worth a shot as a free agent.

Draft guru Dave Te' Thomas absolutely loved Lee coming out of college in the 2003 draft.  He said he had the most potential of any running back after Willis.  Thomas went so far as to send his subscribers a videotape of Lee playing RB, returning kicks & playing as a slash QB near the goal line.  He's definitely worth a shot as a free agent.

336102[/snapback]

High School star at QB. I saw that and thought how Mularkey would be intrigued. Throw in a 4.38 40 and you know why the Bills rolled the dice. KR and possible slash player. I thought the same thing. Interesting.