What your favorite hamburger joint

I went there last year when I was in Arizona to visit a good friend.  I really liked their milkshakes and french fries.  Their burgers were pretty good too, but not the best I've ever had.

Link

334673[/snapback]

In the world of fast food burgers, In-n-Out rules surpreme, but it carries a loftier stigma in California...primarily from the handful of natives who would hit the In-n-Out at 3 a.m. after a night of boozing, partying, clubbing, etc. We all had places like that. For me, it was Perkins.

If I want the best burger ever, I buy the meat and put it on the Weber. Medium rare. Cheese, bacon, relish, ketchup...with extra ketchup for dipping.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuddrucker's no matter where. 

Down here they have these greasy HB joints called 5 guys.  They suck.  The fries are extra greasy, and the burgers are very average.  But the local idiots love them 

334605[/snapback]

5 Guys is overrated, but still light years better than Bill Gray's. That place just sucks for food; the shakes are good enough.

Down here or up there, you could go to Fuddrucker's, but that's still a pedestrian patty.

If you must go for a chain, Red Robin's Royal or Long Horn's Black & Bleu burger are miles ahead.

The best value anywhere is the Double Double at In 'N Out burger.

The best burger I've had, period, is the BBQ Cheddar burger at Sweetwater Tavern.

Fuddrucker's no matter where. 

Down here they have these greasy HB joints called 5 guys.  They suck.  The fries are extra greasy, and the burgers are very average.  But the local idiots love them 

Me Fuddruckers are great, plus I can get the shake with the.  A good burger and a chocolate shake.  Feel the arteries harden.

334605[/snapback]

I completely agree that Five Guys is the most overrated restaurant I've ever been to. I don't get it at all. I really like Fudruckers, too, but I don't think it stands up the Bill Gray's ground round.

The best burger i've ever eaten were the ones I cooked on the grill myself. Beats any burger places I've ever tried. If I had to choose one, i'd choose a place called "Boudreaux & Thibodaux's" down the street from my house. They are big and greasy.

The best burger i've ever eaten were the ones I cooked on the grill myself. Beats any burger places I've ever tried. If I had to choose one, i'd choose a place called "Boudreaux & Thibodaux's" down the street from my house. They are big and greasy.

336426[/snapback]

Boudreaux & Thibodaux's, hey??

I feel a Cajun joke coming shortly..... :lol::doh:

I like BBQ burgers of my own making, nothing like a fresh mushroom & swiss right off the grill...

Buffalo burgers (actual Buffalo) are really good - they sell them all over up here these days, nice and lean & tasty. :doh:

I remember seeing a show on the Food Network a long time ago about this place out west that serves a hamburger made to serve 7 people.  It's huge!  They bring it out on a tray the size of a pizza tray.  Anybody know which restaurant serves this?

334728[/snapback]

That same show on the Food Network (Unwrapped) was on this afternoon and the name of the place is the Riverview Restaurant in Laughlin, Nevada. The burger is small compared to the 7 and 15lb ones, considering it's "only" 1.25lbs.

This will certainly be the most obscure, but there's a little closet of a place in Sausalito, CA. If you take the ferry from San Francisco over, it's within walking distance from the terminal. Head right on Bridgeway. They have a rotating fire grill right in front of the window. I don't recall the name, but they're very close to Dunphy Park. Best burger I've ever had and I like my food.

I've been to Fuddrucker's and in my town (San Diego) they are the best sit down joint. In-n-Out is the best fast food burger. When I first moved here (from Lancaster) I heard the same thing about In-n-Out. The first time I had one, I thought the same thing everyone else did. A tasty burger, but not worth all of the hype. It takes a couple of visits to appreciate how much better they are than other fast food joints.

Bill Gray's bought out Tom Wahl's a while back. The original Tom Wahl's in Avon was real good until then. They recently remodeled and they all have that corporate Bill Gray's look and feel. Still good food but missing that old time feel.

My favorite however is on route 104 out in Williamson. Orbacker's. Owned by the family that runs Orbacker's orchards and farms out there. It is a small white shack and it is all cooked right in the room with you. Hot and greasy...the room that is! Try the glutton burger if you think you can handle it.

Bill Gray's bought out Tom Wahl's a while back. The original Tom Wahl's in Avon was real good until then. They recently remodeled and they all have that corporate Bill Gray's look and feel. Still good food but missing that old time feel.

My favorite however is on route 104 out in Williamson. Orbacker's. Owned by the family that runs Orbacker's orchards and farms out there. It is a small white shack and it is all cooked right in the room with you. Hot and greasy...the room that is! Try the glutton burger if you think you can handle it.

336813[/snapback]

Orbacker's is a little less of a shack now that they added on. They are also open year round now.