Soft Spots for other franchises?

Green Bay Packers. My in-laws (who live in Green Bay) root for the Bills (when it doesn't conflict with the Packers' needs), and I return the favor by rooting for the Packers (when it doesn't conflict with our needs). Mutual respect.

Plus, my name's out side of Lambeau. :)

http://www.thevfl.com/brick1.jpg

http://www.thevfl.com/brick2.jpg

CW

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the panthers, because (1) i've lived in NC since their inception; (2) frank reich was their first QB; and (3) julius peppers.

they'll always be a distant, distant 2nd to the bills, though.  i've never even been to the panthers' website and i probably can't name more than a handful of players on the roster.

334411[/snapback]

Same here, they don't even compare to the Bills, but I kind of root for them. I don't follow them religiously or anything like that, but the Panthers would be my 2nd team, a far, far, distant second.

I can respect other teams... but never have I had a soft spot for them.

My rooting in the playoffs usually stems down to which team I detest more.

So as DCSabres said:

F all other teams!  F 'em all!!!

334377[/snapback]

I can respect other teams... but never have I had a soft spot for them.

My rooting in the playoffs usually stems down to which team I detest more.

So as DCSabres said:

334545[/snapback]

Is your avatar an actual South Park character?

The only two teams that have caught my interest were the Baltimore Colts..until they got rid of Johnny U...and the Browns until 1995..Until Art Modell ripped the heart out of the Cleveland fans...

I lived in NEOhio in the 1980's and thank goodness for Erie PA,,,The TV stations in Erie would broadcast either a Browns game or a Bills game...AND there were times that WBEN's radio signal would come across Lake Erie clear as a bell...

But now those two franchises are history for me,,,So it's "F'em all"

Geaux Bills !!!

As bad as the Browns move was, people need to get over it. Unlike any other cities that were screwed over, the NFL almost instantly awarded them a new franchise.

The NFL certainly could have prevented this from happening had they not expanded into a place like Jacksonville...

As bad as the Browns move was, people need to get over it. Unlike any other cities that were screwed over, the NFL almost instantly awarded them a new franchise.

334630[/snapback]

I did get over it. But that's why I'm on this board now.

Mike

I'm not a fan of any other team besides the Bills, i'd never buy their cap, jersey, or anything, but I do enjoy watching the Texans. They are an exciting group to watch. I'm also a big fan of Domanick Davis.

That said, I hope the Bills smash them all over the RWS turf in week one.

I'm not a "Fan" of other teams, The Bills are my only team. BUT, I watch other games because I like to watch football, so I may root for one of the other teams to win, make sense?

335132[/snapback]

Only insofar as you are rooting for a particular team to win because it would help the Bills. :wub: That's how I do it.