Soft Spots for other franchises?

Since the Houston Texans came into the league I have had a soft spot for them. I thought they would be successful because they hired Dom Capers to be their Head Coach and I thought that because he had some success with Carolina when they were an expansion team he would be able to do the same thing in Houston. Also I liked how they beat ;) Dallas in their first regular season game. I also liked when they knocked of Miami in Miami the first regular season game a couple years ago. I also liked David Carr and thought he would be good for them I did not like Joey Harrington that year and was glad Detroit selected him so Buffalo didn't even haqve tot hink about him.

So what Other teams do you like? I should add I do not like Houston nearly as much as Buffalo I just have some what of a soft spot for them.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have a soft spot for the houston oilers. Anytime i see that helmet, or anyone wearing a hat, coat, or anything oilers, i immediately feel a great sense of power over them. This in turn makes me feel bad that they have chosen such a doomed team to follow. Other than that, i hate all nfl teams to a degree.

the panthers, because (1) i've lived in NC since their inception; (2) frank reich was their first QB; and (3) julius peppers.

they'll always be a distant, distant 2nd to the bills, though. i've never even been to the panthers' website and i probably can't name more than a handful of players on the roster.

the panthers, because (1) i've lived in NC since their inception; (2) frank reich was their first QB; and (3) julius peppers.

they'll always be a distant, distant 2nd to the bills, though.  i've never even been to the panthers' website and i probably can't name more than a handful of players on the roster.

334411[/snapback]

I live in NC also, and I have to say I HATE the Panthers. I can't stand them with every fiber in my body. I think this stems from the fact that they are on TV every week, and sometimes their games conflict with the Bills. None the less I hope they rott in hell.

Some of my friends are Browns fans. I was in Cleveland for a wedding last year, so we went to the game (Eagles). They're pretty passionate about the Browns in Cleveland, and by passionate I mean absolutely crazy. I like to see them win, unless it affects the Bills.

Our tailgates are better, though. :)

I live in NC also, and I have to say I HATE the Panthers. I can't stand them with every fiber in my body. I think this stems from the fact that they are on TV every week, and sometimes their games conflict with the Bills. None the less I hope they rott in hell.

334422[/snapback]

direcTV nfl sunday ticket, my friend. it's not healthy to hate. :)

I would have to say the Niners. Local team so I get all their news and radio talk. Since they are so down and out I kind of feel sorry for them and would like to see them rebuild. Also, should be interesting to see the development of #1 pick Alex Smith.