Taste of Buffalo was crazy packed this year!

Big Turk

Have been going for quite some time. Usually late Sunday is the best time to go because the crowds are typically smaller. Not this year...holy crap was that place packed! Have never seen lines that long at some places...to the point I skipped some I wanted to go to because I thought I'd be stuck waiting too long and not get to everything before they closed at 6(got there around 3:30).

They also ran out of maps around 1pm which I have never seen happen before. 

Would not be surprised if there was record attendance this year. I asked the person working there and he says it was the most crowded he has seen in the last 20 years 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I won’t go anymore. Used to love going 5+ years ago. But it’s gotten way too large and packed. When I can barely move it takes most of the enjoyment out of it. They probably need to add an extra day or two. Do a Thursday-Sunday. 

It's really difficult for these business just to pull off these couple days, no way they could do it for more.  It's a LOT of work and just finding help is tough.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

It's really difficult for these business just to pull off these couple days, no way they could do it for more.  It's a LOT of work and just finding help is tough.

Maybe they could spread it out a little more then. Get a larger location than a street. Might help with the cramped and crowded feeling. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Maybe they could spread it out a little more then. Get a larger location than a street. Might help with the cramped and crowded feeling. 

I don't think people would go for that. I haven't been to the Italian Festival since they moved it from Hertel to Canalside and started charging people admission. Bad enough you are paying outrageous prices for food already, now they want to charge you money for the pleasure of being willingly ripped off?

Edited by Big Turk

31 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I don't think people would go for that. I haven't been to the Italian Festival since they moved it from Hertel to Canalside and started charging people admission. Bad enough you are paying outrageous prices for food already, now they want to charge you money for the pleasure of being willingly ripped off?

Yeah. I went to the Great Pumpkin Farm in Clarence for July 4th fireworks (there weren't many options). They charged a cover to get in to pay over-priced food vendors.

35 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

i haven't been since it was on hertel.  was space the reason they moved it, or the opportunity to charge admission?

7 minutes ago, boater said:

Yeah. I went to the Great Pumpkin Farm in Clarence for July 4th fireworks (there weren't many options). They charged a cover to get in to pay over-priced food vendors.

Lancaster had Fireworks on the 4th

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, boater said:

Another place I used to go to and now won’t step foot at. Overpriced, overcrowded, over-commercialized. Used to be great, but it did not age well as it’s popularity increased. 

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I also stopped going to Italian fest when they moved it off Hertel. I believe it’s back at Hertel now? I’d imagine taste of Buffalo could find a venue where they could spread out and still not charge a cover. Charging to charge just doesn’t seem like a good business model. Why would I pay you to get into somewhere where I then have to pay for everything. 

On 7/11/2022 at 3:56 PM, PetermansRedemption said:

Another place I used to go to and now won’t step foot at. Overpriced, overcrowded, over-commercialized. Used to be great, but it did not age well as it’s popularity increased. 

I also stopped going to Italian fest when they moved it off Hertel. I believe it’s back at Hertel now? I’d imagine taste of Buffalo could find a venue where they could spread out and still not charge a cover. Charging to charge just doesn’t seem like a good business model. Why would I pay you to get into somewhere where I then have to pay for everything. 

Correct. This weekend actually

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.