Hyde & Poyer via Cover 1 with preface from Belichek

Chandler#81

On 7/4/2022 at 1:18 PM, ColoradoBills said:

With the Division leaders playing each other and the Bills playing the Chiefs in the playoffs I still think the trade of Hill benefited Buffalo.

Oh, absolutely.   As I said, there are maybe ten great players in the league, guys every other team worries about, every game.   KC had two of them - Mahomes and Hill.   Now they have only one, and the Dolphins have only one (and it remains to be seen how much difference Hill can make from his position).  Much better for the Bills.  

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

I was surprised Buffalo didn't draft a top 5-10 S prospect in what was a deep S class, so they could learn, and in worse case scenario play with one of the the S.

I think the Bills like their young guys.   Some of the reports coming out of college were that Hamlin is a really smart player, special even.  Remember how good Jim Leonhard was, with below-par NFL physical talent. 

I also think Taron Johnson may become a safety, and maybe White.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well the clip I posted above disproves that.   

Hill owned him.........83% completion and rating well over 100 that day.............and that is WITH a huge, wide open drop by Hill after he burned White in press coverage for what  should have been another 30 yard completion in the first clip in the video.    

The one play where Hill takes the short pass in front of White at minute 1:48.....probably the worst looking play of Tre Whites' NFL career.

He takes a bad angle,  looking like he is running in cement compared to Hill,  and gives up the sideline......looking exactly like what happened to the Bills DB's late in the divisional game.   Only that time the safety help minimized the gash and saved Tre from being near the top of Hill's all-time career highlight reel.    

He was truly awful that day...........but as I've said..........any DB was going to struggle with the inability of the Bills front 7 to make plays in either of those games.

The biggest difference between the secondary play in the divisional loss versus the AFCCG loss?    The fact that the defense had to play 25% more snaps.    They totally fell apart AFTER they got gassed,  instead of in the first half as they did in the AFCCG.

An otherwise modestly improved effort on defense in the divisional round turned into a repeat performance of ineptitude in those last 15 snaps or so.

But the Chiefs can make the same argument.   Bills got hot late........got back in the game.......briefly held the lead.    If they had Mathieu I am sure they think they win that game by a couple scores in regulation.

I said Kelce and somehow you reply Hill

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Some people find it important to be the righteous and toughest man on the internet.

Your admiration for Chandler seems sincere.

I don't have any data to disprove that he's the most righteous and toughest man on the internet and I don't care enough to debate you on that one.

I root for the IP address.

I guess the heart wants what it wants (which is a common theme in this thread).  

39 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I said Kelce and somehow you reply Hill

You said that Hill was covering Kelce most of the time in the AFCCG............which was false.........I provided the evidence in the form of video of Hill repeatedly burning White.

We've reached the point of the thread where people are trying to deny things that happened during the nationally televised broadcast and are readily available on youtube.  

you know, I’ve always liked Bil…. wait a second…

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Oh, absolutely.   As I said, there are maybe ten great players in the league, guys every other team worries about, every game.   KC had two of them - Mahomes and Hill.   Now they have only one, and the Dolphins have only one (and it remains to be seen how much difference Hill can make from his position).  Much better for the Bills.  

what about Kelce?

38 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

what about Kelce?

Tight ends are great, but they aren't the foundation of a top-level passing attack.   

Kelce has a lot of skills, physical and mental, but his greatest skill is, I think, his ability to understand what the defense is doing, and understand where and how he needs to attack it.  But that's only really valuable when the offense otherwise creates the opportunities that he's so good at identifying and attacking.   And the offense created those opportunities because of Hill.   Without Hill on the field, Kelce becomes just another good player the defense has to deal with.   And without Hill on the field, one thing the defense can do to check Kelce is to double team, or at least chip him.  

I mean, if Diggs suddenly retired, would you think that the very best imaginable version of Dawson Knox would carry the Bills offense?  Kelce is better, but he's not going to carry the Chiefs offense, either.  

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You said that Hill was covering Kelce most of the time in the AFCCG............which was false.........I provided the evidence in the form of video of Hill repeatedly burning White.

We've reached the point of the thread where people are trying to deny things that happened during the nationally televised broadcast and are readily available on youtube.  

I did not say that I said Tre was covering Kelce most of the time in 2021. Tre didn't make it to the playoffs in 2021/22. If he did maybe they would of ran the same defense as they did during the season. Where Tre was mostly on Kelce. 

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… agree with the premise they got outplayed for most of the divisional game….should’ve been down by 13 at one point if not for a missed XP and FG by an otherwise automatic kicker…. As the Bills offense fell asleep for much of the 3rd quarter getting cute with the running game. 

Yeah the tall-tale about how the Bills "should" have won that game keeps expanding.     They very briefly held the lead, but they were largely outplayed.

The Bills played very poorly up front on defense, the secondary got worn down as a result and that's why they gave up almost 600 yards of offense to the Chiefs.   In a game where the Chiefs ran for 185 yards and possessed the ball for 9 minutes longer than the Bills a CB was the last most likely position on defense to make a difference.   Mahomes rushing for 69 yards on just 7 carries was the dagger that kept on giving all night.   They dominated the Bills in almost every way statistically.

12 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

I did not say that I said Tre was covering Kelce most of the time in 2021. Tre didn't make it to the playoffs in 2021/22. If he did maybe they would of ran the same defense as they did during the season. Where Tre was mostly on Kelce. 

They didn't need Tre White........they needed a time machine to go back to:

A) when the Chiefs were more vulnerable to those defensive tactics (as they had been early in the season.....before the prior 6 dominant offensive showings)

B) when the Bills front 7 was making plays like they did in that first contest.   

There were numerous instances of excellent coverage late in series by the Bills defense in that divisional game that were totally wasted when Mahomes was allowed to scramble for first downs by the ineffective DL.

That was the story for the first 3+ quarters........rushing yardage and clock control.

The pass defense had actually held Mahomes to about 225 yards passing for the first 59 minutes of the game.    

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They didn't need Tre White........they needed a time machine to go back to:

A) when the Chiefs were more vulnerable to those defensive tactics (as they had been early in the season.....before the prior 6 dominant offensive showings)

B) when the Bills front 7 was making plays like they did in that first contest.   

There were numerous instances of excellent coverage late in series by the Bills defense in that divisional game that were totally wasted when Mahomes was allowed to scramble for first downs by the ineffective DL.

That was the story for the first 3+ quarters........rushing yardage and clock control.

The pass defense had actually held Mahomes to about 225 yards passing for the first 59 minutes of the game.    

You are so wrapped up in what you believe to be right that you aren't even comprehending what I am writing. 1st game Tre covered Travis 10 targets 6 catches 57 yards. Playoff game 9 targets 8 catches 97 yards. If Tre plays does he prevent the catch to put them in FG range? That is not a crazy thing to wonder.

4 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

You are so wrapped up in what you believe to be right that you aren't even comprehending what I am writing. 1st game Tre covered Travis 10 targets 6 catches 57 yards. Playoff game 9 targets 8 catches 97 yards. If Tre plays does he prevent the catch to put them in FG range? That is not a crazy thing to wonder.

The Bills were not in man defense during 13 seconds.    How many times did even the members of the Bills organization explain what happened during the defensive collapse?  

And your Kelce versus White stats are bogus...........White wasn't on Kelce "most of the time"...........those are just Kelce's game stats not the amount of times White covered Kelce and the catches he had. :rolleyes:   Nice try to fabricate a fact though.

The reason why Mahomes, Kelce and Hill had lesser game stats in the October game was because the front played A LOT better than they did in the divisional round.

-In the two playoff losses to KC combined Mahomes was hit behind the LOS just 7 times.............in the October game he was hit 8 times.

-In the two playoff losses to KC combined the Bills D forced ZERO turnovers..............in the October game they forced 3..........including an interception from a DL.

-In the divisional loss the Bills gave up 183 yards on the ground and the Chiefs had the ball for 9 minutes more than the Bills..............in the October game they gave up just 120 and the clock discrepency  was only 5 minutes.

I know some fans need to wallow in self pity and being able to blame losses on 1 play or 1 bad call or 1 missing defensive player or 1 curse really services that need to have a focal point..........but the reality is that the difference between the Bills D with Tre in KC in the AFCCG and October 2021 and without him in January 2022 was the play of the players up front.

They simply DID NOT impact the game to near the degree they had in that October game in Arrowhead. 

Edited by BADOLBILZ

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills were not in man defense during 13 seconds.    How many times did even the members of the Bills organization explain what happened during the defensive collapse?  

And your Kelce versus White stats are bogus...........White wasn't on Kelce "most of the time"...........those are just Kelce's game stats not the amount of times White covered Kelce and the catches he had. :rolleyes:   Nice try to fabricate a fact though.

The reason why Mahomes, Kelce and Hill had lesser game stats in the October game was because the front played A LOT better than they did in the divisional round.

-In the two playoff losses to KC combined Mahomes was hit behind the LOS just 7 times.............in the October game he was hit 8 times.

-In the two playoff losses to KC combined the Bills D forced ZERO turnovers..............in the October game they forced 3..........including an interception from a DL.

-In the divisional loss the Bills gave up 183 yards on the ground and the Chiefs had the ball for 9 minutes more than the Bills..............in the October game they gave up just 120 and the clock discrepency  was only 5 minutes.

I know some fans need to wallow in self pity and being able to blame losses on 1 play or 1 bad call or 1 missing defensive player or 1 curse really services that need to have a focal point..........but the reality is that the difference between the Bills D with Tre in KC in the AFCCG and October 2021 and without him in January 2022 was the play of the players up front.

They simply DID NOT impact the game to near the degree they had in that October game in Arrowhead. 

I'm not blaming anything on anything. All I am saying is someone asked you if Tre played could be have stopped the Travis Kelce blown coverage and you acted like it was a crazy idea. It's not. Btw Tre didn't play vs Gronk most of the game either vs the Pats. I'm making this all up 🤡🤡🤡

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.